• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

First appointment today of many..

N

niceguy

Well I finally started my treatment needed... Sat in the chair and dentist said he was gonna start with the root canal I need done! My heart was racing so fast but after I was numbed I only felt I slight pinch of pain then after that I was done.. He drilled some more but never felt a single thing and was constantly making sure I was ok during the whole process. I thought I would be in there for hours but the whole process took less then 45mins with NO PAIN.. WoW!

I still have 6+ appointments to go and much more work to be done but that was my first and only root canal I hope I Have to get done..

Thanks everyone for the support and questions that I've had answered thus far and I'll keep everyone up to date on my progress though the next month in hopes that it gives someone a bit of courage to get things taken care of! If I would of know a root canal was that easy I would of had it done years ago!

Hello niceguy:

Well done!:jump: You should be very proud of yourself for having the courage to take action. I am happy the appointment went well. Sounds like you have turned a corner regarding your dental treatment. I am sure your success will encourage others.

All the best :cheers: