• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Distraught

S

sarahc

I don't know where to start.

Unfortunately due to many reasons i have really bad dental problems. I was agoraphobic for many years so i didn't step foot into a dentists surgery for 12 years and since i have its all been downhill. So far (to date) i have had 6 teeth removed. Always under sedation as i am terrified to even sit in the chair without it.

Next Tuesday i am due to have another THREE out. On the bottom right side of my mouth i won't have any teeth there. I am only 33 years old.

I look in my mouth and see at least 6 more potential extractions but i don't want to have any more taken out after this. Thing is, i cannot sit in the chair and have them fixed and the sedation clinic won't do fillings.

I have lost so much confidence through this. I just don't know what to do.

Sarah.

how did you get over your agoraphobia? that's a pretty amazing feat. maybe you could use the same techniques to help you with your dental fear? if i'm totally off-base, just ignore me :)