Thread: Tooth still hurts after a root canal

Default Tooth still hurts after a root canal

Hi folks, new to this board. Just had a question regarding a root canal I had.

Got a root canal done about 2 weeks ago and finally got a crown on it about 1 1/2 weeks ago.

The thing is, the tooth still hurts and I feel pressure when biting down on foods. The pain is not intense but, I still do feel pain and pressure.

The thing is, I went back to my dentist and he looked at my tooth and recommended that I do a bonding for my tooth.

Correct me if I'm wrong but, what does bonding have to do with the pain? Isn't bonding for cosmetic reasons?

I fear that perhaps all of the nerves weren't taken out properly or it wasn't sealed up properly.

Having a little bit of Gorgonzola with crackers!

Default Re: Tooth still hurts after a root canal

I'm drawing a bit of a blank here. Although it can be normal for there to be some sensitivity for weeks / months after a root canal has been completed, I'm not sure what the bonding part is about. If your dentist thinks it will help, it might be worth letting him try that. You might also ask him to explain how it might help as I don't know the complete details of your situation like he does.
      Last edited by Zzzdentist; 27th January 2009 at 09:08.
      Cheese, Gromit, where's the Cheeeese???

Quote Originally Posted by Zzzdentist View Post
      I'm drawing a bit of a blank here. Although it can be normal for there to be some sensitivity for weeks / months after a root canal has been completed, I'm not sure what the bonding part if about. If your dentist thinks it will help, it might be worth letting him try that. You might also ask him to explain how it might help as I don't know the complete details of your situation like he does.
      Dentist mentioned that the gum area around the root canal tooth was sore and a bit exposed. That's where he said my pain is coming from. That's when he mentioned I should get bonding done.

I'm as confused as you are.... =(

Having a little bit of Gorgonzola with crackers!

Well it's probaby a bit early to tell how the root canal is doing as it's best to give it some time if possible to heal up. Bone doesn't reform that quickly I find. Unless it's getting a lot worse or is terribly achey, you might want to see how it goes if the bite and all that is okay otherwise. Sometimes a high bite can result in lingering sensitivities so that might need checking.
      Cheese, Gromit, where's the Cheeeese???