• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

To do(now) or wait

C

connab

I had 2 crowns scheduled to be done on 12-31 the teeth were 2 back molars and they have big silver fillings in them(no pain and have meen marked to be done for years now) and since I had so much left on my ins. for 2008 I was going to get them done. When I got there, I asked them to take xray of 4 because it was bothering me. I ended up having 4 crowned because it was fractured. They didnt do the other 2 because I didnt have enough ins. left to do all 3 crowns so I just got #4 done. I am scheduled to get the permante crown done on #4 on 2-4 and get the other 2 crowns done that had the big silver fillings but I woke up there other nigth in a panic that "What if I have other problems this year with my teeth and I have already used 1/2 of my ins. on 2 teeth that yes, need to be crowned but can possilbly wait" So now, I dont know what to do. Should I do it or should I wait? I am just worried about maxing my ins. out (2500) so soon. I know 2 crowns are not gonna max me out but its atleast 1/2. Just cant decide what to do.

If they are not causing any problems and there is no urgency, why have them crowned now? I will eventually need several crowns on heavily filled teeth but seeing as decay can get under crowns and cause problems I am going to wait until its is absolutely necessary.

Back