Hello! First I would like to say I'm so glad there is so much support for dental phobia online, it took me a long time to work up to trying to get over my fear & I have been doing some reading. This site has helped some.

Some details: I'm 18, & haven't been to see a dentist in 3 years out of fear. The only reason I went last time is because my mom made me, lol. I've only been 3 times, but 2 of them were bad experiences & the other one was still hard thanks to anxiety. I have a severe phobia of dental work as a result. I'm also terrified of almost all things medical. I avoid doctors also. I'm especially scared of surgery. I'm also an emetophobe.

Fortunately I'm blessed with fairly good teeth; they are straight, mostly white, no cavities ever, etc. But I still have 3 or 4 baby teeth & my gums are starting to recede because I didn't take good care of them when I was younger.

Anyway, all of my wisdom teeth have half emerged & have been that way a while. So I'm thinking, although I'm not sure, that they won't come the rest of the way out. They're not causing any pain, although one is just a little uncomfortable.

About a week ago I found an extra tooth growing in the roof of my mouth. I've read that this can happen if a baby tooth never falls out, but all the ones near it did come out & the permanent teeth are present. So is this just an extra tooth? There's a spot next to it also that looks like there may be another tooth there.

I'm not sure what kind of work this will require, but I'm terrified. I'm scared of pain, I'm scared of being knocked out while my teeth are getting pulled, I'm scared of what else might be found wrong, I'm scared of what people will think if they find out I've got extra teeth in such a weird spot, I'm scared of everything!

I would just like to know what I can expect if/when I go in. If anyone has experience with this I'd really appreciate knowing how it went for you.