• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

blurred vision and headaches after dental anesthetic?

T

toffeecupcake

I'm in need of some advice regarding blurred vision and severe headaches after receiving an anesthetic to prepare for a crown on Thursday morning.

I now have a temporary crown in place and 3 hours after the jag was done i started to get a headache, i took asprin and thought nothing much of it, and my vision started to get blurrry in the eye directly above where the jag site was. It first i though my eyeglass lense was dirty but it wasn't and the blurry vision was still there after removing my glasses. It is across the lower half of my eye and it is sore when i look from side to side or rub my eye. The headache is still persistant too and migraine tables don't work.

Any advice/comments would be greatly appreciated regarding a connection between the jag and symptoms.

Regards, toffeecupcake

3 hrs later would seem to rule out any relation between the anaesthetic and the eye problem. It is possible to get blurred vision as a result of a dental injection, but that happens almost instantly.
I suspect the headache and eye problem may be linked, but the dental injection isn't a factor...

It is possible that the two are related to sugar levels. If you had a lot of anxiety and a diet of mostly carbs and little protein, then it is possible that the sugar tanked in your body. This could lead to a headache and blurred vision.

It has for me.

Back