• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Wisdom tooth keeps growing!

T

tangehayes

Hi,

My upper wisdom tooth on the right hand side keeps growing. From previous xrays I know that I have no bottom wisdom teeth to come up, but I have my upper wisdom teeth. The tooth on my right side is significantly longer than the rest of the teeth in my mouth. Its not paining me in any way but it does bother me a lot and I can't stop poking at it with my tongue! What is the best approach for solving this - pulling the tooth??

Thanks!

Yep, get rid of it. It's not doing anything useful.

my right hand upper wisdom tooth sounds like yours - the dentist says its over ruptured..? its the only wisdom tooth i have left - the rest were impacted and removed. I dont particularly want to have to go through an extraction, so over ruptured or not , i'm quite happy to keep it there as long as its not causing any pain. It is one helluva of an ugly tooth though !! :o

Over erupted, not over ruptured, that means something much worse and a fair bit lower down :)

Eventually they start to "bite" on the gum opposing them so they cause pain/ulceration. It's weird that somebody took out the bottom ones and left the uppers...

Upper wisdom tooth extractions are much easier than lowers and don't cause many problems afterwards either.

Over erupted, not over ruptured, that means something much worse and a fair bit lower down :)

Eventually they start to "bite" on the gum opposing them so they cause pain/ulceration. It's weird that somebody took out the bottom ones and left the uppers...

Upper wisdom tooth extractions are much easier than lowers and don't cause many problems afterwards either.

lol i really thought he said over ruptured.........thanks for putting me right on that;D;D :giggle:

i'm not sure why they left me with one upper WT , bottom ones were taken out in surgery as they were impacted and i was getting infections every other week - constantly on anitbiotics. left hand upper WT was taken out by dentist - took an hour and 10 mins to get the damn thing out........and so my dental phobia began......

Back