• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

I don't know what's gonna happen, I'm so upset over this!!!

K

Kristy077

Hey everyone, I'm new here and could really use some support. The worst thing that could ever happen to me did!

I have to say that I have really bad teeth and most of them are on top. The other night, one of my top front teeth broke and it was a complete nightmare. The enamel had been wearing off of it at the very top near the gum and I guess it was so soft that it broke. There's only a little bit left. I called the dentist this morning and made an appt for in the morning and I am so scared, I suffer from panic attacks and have to get myself there without turning around and coming back home cause I know that I need to talk to the dentist to see what he can do! He's gonna look at my mouth and probably pass out when he sees the other teeth in bad shape and I am sure that he's gonna tell me that they need to be extracted and I know that they do but my main concern is finding a way to replace this tooth because the gap is so dang annoying!

The only options that I have seen for those that are missing teeth are dentures, partial ones or implants. At first, I thought that implants would be the best since they are mostly recommended but I had no idea how time-consuming they were, I thought it could all be done in one day but they can't, it takes several months and I don't know if I can go through with that.

I don't want dentures and not sure about partical dentures, I have heard they can be aggravating and hard to get used to. Other than those three options, I really don't know what is left.

Maybe someone here has been through this before, doesn't matter I'd just like some support.

Hi Kristy,

another option may be a dental bridge to replace missing tooth, similar to a denture but less intrusive, not had experience of these though.

Paul.

Back