• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

God whe do I find laughing gas?! :(

A

Aryell

hi,
my name is Aryell I live in germany but because the dentist there are very unfriendly (the ones a saw), I decided to come to england and try here.

My friend's IM DESPERATE! I need to replace a filling and seached everywere in england for a dentist the use "Nitrous oxide" (laughing gas) and didnt find! :( Im just so sad about it.
Now I also found out that i may need to remove the wisdom teeth and this just show me that i also need to find a destist that do a stronger sedation, else i cant support. I suffer from Bipolar disorder, panic attacs, deppression, everything everyday in my normal life. Thinking about dentist makes very depressed, and thinking about remove a tooth (like the wisdom ones) make me think about die! I feel in the end of my strengh:cry:. I was sexually abused when i was a child, also had horribles experiences in a dentist chair. Is just so much on my mind!:cry::cry:

Im here to ask for help, because i dont know anymore what to do. I need to find a good dentist with a good technic of sedation and with a good heart. I also need a friendly word to carry on, im just feeling so sad.

Thank you for reading this :redface:

Aryell

Good Morning Aryell:

Welcome to the forum. I am sorry to hear of your difficult dental journey. I live in the USA and am not familiar with the dental system in the UK.

Based upon what I have read on this board, Nitrous and other sedation options are abundant in England. Some dentists use oral midazolam for sedation. This is a very powerful, quick acting sedative and could be a good solution for your wisdom tooth extractions. There are solutions for you and dental care has made incredible advances.

I am sure many people that live in the UK will check in with information and suggestions.

I am sure you will find the help you are seeking. This board is an amazing source of support and encouragement. You are very determined to overcome this problem and have gone to extraordinary lengths to find solutions. You have great strength of character and are braver than you believe. Do not become discouraged you will be successful.

All the best to you :)

thank you so much fr your answer! :) I have an appoitment in 2 hous to check what has to be done. Im already expexting the chock :( I post here later.

Hi Aryell :welcome:

I hope that yur appointment this afternoon goes well for you and that the dentist is sympathetic towards your problems with dental treatment.

If it turns out that this dentist is not the right one for you, you could try looking at the dentist finder on this site.

Good luck,

I will be thinking of you later.

Holly

Hi Arryl,
I know this probably wont help but I feel for you.

Last edited by a moderator:
thank you so much fr your answer! :) I have an appoitment in 2 hous to check what has to be done. Im already expexting the chock :( I post here later.

Did you find somewhere with what you wanted?

Nitrous is not as common as in the USA but many private dentists offer all kinds of sedation.
From what we can make out,there isn't the same history in UK ( which Germany and the Netherlands and some other Scandinavian countries seem to share) of doing fillings without anaesthesia - local anaesthesia has been routinely used for fillings from the early 1970s by virtually all dentists although there was the occasional isolated incident (;)) in my case at the hands of a non-UK trained dentist (don't worry - many moons ago).
Let us know if you need any further help in finding someone suitable.

If you experience any medical difficulties whilst in UK for instance with your medication for your bi-polar condition etc etc - do not hesitate to go to your local Accident and Emergency Department at the hospital, who will be able to help you.

Last edited: