• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

How soon can you eat after extractions?

A

Alexandra1973

I got my wisdom teeth plus 2 other extracted today, was out by 10 am or so. It's 4 pm my time.

Can I have some pudding...would that be okay?

Soft pudding will be ok, as will soup be...just make sure its not too hot. Porridge or softened weetabix is an other idea. for the first few days after my extractions, i practically lived on porridge, soup, weetabix, scrambled egg, mash potato and gravy etc

I ate some pizza (cut into small bits) the night after getting 4 wisdom teeth removed. It was slightly difficult because I could only chew with my front teeth. I am guessing that was 4 hours or so after I had them out lol.

This Jell-O strawberry cheesecake is yummy.... :party:

Jealous! I wish I had that when I had my wisdom teeth taken out.

I highly suggest soft white bread with some hummus on it, I lived off that for two weeks after having my wisdom teeth taken out. Also strawberry and banana apple sauce (from Motts, but it can be a difficult flavour to find). Mashed potatoes with Velveeta macaroni and cheese was actually a pretty good combo.

I just baked some bread last night (I make my own so my son can have healthier sandwiches for school). Thinking about making mac & cheese tomorrow.

If/when I get my molar pulled out, I'm on the dippy egg soldiers for a few days. :)

mmmmmm eggs and soldiers.....yummy.

It should be fine to eat and drink. Try to avoid eating food directly over the areas if at all possible, but some stray material venturing on over the sites shouldn't be a big problem.

Drinking, I have no problem...been taking my penicillin tablets every six hours as prescribed, no problem.

I had all four wisdom teeth extracted yesterday, as you know...the other two teeth that came out were the one tooth behind my upper left canine and the tooth in front of my right bottom wisdom tooth.

Pain isn't bad...I'm just a little squeamish with trying to eat something and having those stitches in there! I want Taco Bell SO badly...! :censored:

I'm just afraid to loosen any blood clots.

You bunch of wimps, right after getting my wisdom teeth out I went to the canteen and had pie, beans and chips :)

My wife munched 2 strawberry tarts immediately after getting her wizzies done as well. Mine and my nurse's I hadn't bought her one because I didn't think she'd be hungry :(

Well, I also had those two others taken out,for a grand total of 6...otherwise I wouldn't be such a wuss. :)

You bunch of wimps, right after getting my wisdom teeth out I went to the canteen and had pie, beans and chips :)

My wife munched 2 strawberry tarts immediately after getting her wizzies done as well. Mine and my nurse's I hadn't bought her one because I didn't think she'd be hungry :(

Pffft! I bet you mushed all that stuff up to eat it. ;)

And I know how you feel Alexandra! I wanted pizza soooooo bad after I had my wisdom teeth out (I'm a New Yorker, its what we do) but was afraid to have anything with tomatoes in it.

I could probably have a soft taco, no lettuce, or something...but I'm afraid to bite into anything at this point. I don't want to somehow disturb those stitches where my teeth once were. I love soft tacos and burrito supremes.

Just been eating yogurt, cheesecake, and cream of ____ soup.

Once I'm healed up, though, nachos--here I come! I'd been more or less babying the teeth that had crumbled, and since they've gone bye-bye.... :ROFLMAO:

Back