Since I had my crown fitted last week I keep getting a strange feeling in my gums and the only way I can describe it is like a burning feeling. As soon as it starts I become so aware of it that it feels like it is spreading and lasts for ages.
Everything looks ok there is no redness or swellings, the crown appears to be fine, no sensitivity or pain and the bite has adjusted so all my teeth meet again.
I notice it is worse when I have eaten anything sweet, for instance an hour ago I had a chocolate bar and now my gums are really burning.
Could this be a tooth problem? A side effect from the injection I had last week as that hurt and numbed the whole right side of my face and nose, or could it be psychological as I am convinced the crown is going to fail an that bacteria is getting inside it !!
My dentist only works Tuesdays and Fridays and as this week is Good Friday I have to wait til next week to ask her and I am scared I have a major problem starting.
Im sorry I am such a pain