• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Burning Sensation in Gums

Sorry to hear that topcat. Are you sure you aren't just overdoing the cleaning etc? Why was the tooth uncovered for three months?

Sorry to hear that topcat. Are you sure you aren't just overdoing the cleaning etc? Why was the tooth uncovered for three months?

Beause my crown fell off and a temporary wouldnt stay on and because the dentist said I needed root canal etc but I didnt so I waited for my own dentist to return from maternity leave but during that time I had no pain or sensitivity or anything - flippin typical :rolleyes:

Its weird as it doesnt always hurt and doesnt even follow a pattern (like eating etc) earlier today the gum was so sore and now it is normal again, I will lay off the Te Pe tonight and use some corsydol gel around it I think.

I wish I could stop talking about this stupid crown im boring myself now and my b/f is about to do a runner I think lol

what is Te Pe? I hate stuff like corsodyl. Ive noticed if I have soreness in gums it heals over night, particularly if I have plenty of vitamin C. I like to leave the area alone as otherwise it's like picking a zit... Good luck at the dentist :thumbsup:

oh I see.....! thanks letsconnect.

Topcat Im not surprised your gum is sore. I had some of these but threw them away in disgust after they made my gums sore and bleeding (I've been told by my dentist & hygienist that my gums are really healthy so it's not like my gums normally bleed). I'm sure there is a technique to using these but you need to be trained. I stick to gentle flossing and my beloved sonicare.

Seconded - have you been shown how to safely use these brushes?

Seconded - have you been shown how to safely use these brushes?

No, my dentist recommended them and said to clean around the crown, so I shove it in and brush back and forth quite quickly lol :rolleyes:

You're welcome :)

hmm a hygienist recommended them to me, but I don't find them useful. Sometimes at the dentists I feel like I do at the hairdressers when they try to sell me products when Im leaving. Although the little brush attachment for the sonicare is really useful for getting into those hard to reach crevices (in my mouth not my hair!).

I didn't buy them from the dentist I already had them from when my daughter needed them to help clean around her brace.

I had a sonicare but didnt feel like it cleaned my teeth so I now have the Oral B Triumph Smart Guide with quite a few different attachments, it makes my teeth feel really clean even on the sensitive setting :thumbsup:

Well I went to the dentist today and she adjusted the bite by a tiny tiny amount which does feel better bite wise, the gum looks healthy etc and she thinks all the aches I have been getting are related to clenching and said if it carries on I can have a mouth guard made.

This evening that flippin burning sore feeling is back around the crown I am wondering if her poking at it and drilling the crown has just aggravated the area, I hope so as its starting to worry me yet again which will mean more clenching :rolleyes:

oh well maybe you should just try to not think about it any more....or a second opinion?

I noticed on Tuesday evening that I wasnt clenching and have had no pain or weird sensations for two days :)

Maybe because my bite was slightly high I was grinding more than I thought as I have also noticed a massive improvement when I eat, it is amazing how such a tiny amount can make such a huge impact on your teeth and cause discomfort.

So for now you will all be relieved to hear (I know my b/f is) that I will no longer be moaning on about my crown (looking round an touching wood, crossing fingers, going to search for a 4 leaf clover and find a rabbit so i can chop its foot off lol) :giggle:

Back