• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Wisdom Teeth Extraction D:

P

Pushka

Hi there!
This is my first thread, sorry in advance for any grammar/spelling mistakes.

So, I really really need to vent.

The background:
I've been always terrified of wisdom teeth removal, I've seen friends and family going through REALLY bad experiences with that.

When I was about 13 years old I got my orthodontal treatment done. My teeth were perfect. Later on, with 16 y.o. my orthodontist told me: let's take an x-ray and get the wisdom teeth extractions done next month. I never came back although he was really nice to me. Needless to say, my teeth are all "misplaced" now, just because of this **** wisdom tooth. I'm ashamed of my mouth, but I just can't stand the idea of the extraction.
I also had a really bad experience with "uncaring dentist", wich was so disappointing because she was my dentist since I was a little kid, always very caring and warm. That day I said it was hurting and she was like: oh, but it's so shallow! You don't need any anesthesia for that! And I'm almost finished by now! - And she was NEVER finished >.< This was the last time I saw her, or any other dentist.

--

Today I'm 20 y.o. and few days ago my gums got really swallowed and it's hurting like hell. Looks like it's the wisdom teeth coming up, but there's no room for it!

So, that's it. I've been crying in terror for the last 3 hours because I'll HAVE to go and get the extraction done [and that makes the pain even worse]. But I'm so afraid D:
I don't even know how to start, how to call the dentist or what to tell him/her. I'm seriously thinking about going to my grandmother's dentist, she is experienced with children and people with alzheimer, sclerosis, etc.
I really don't know how to explain, it just makes me wanna wake up from this terrible nightmare.

Hi.

Im only 21 myself. I couldn't pick up the phone and call someone about 2 weeks ago about it. I found email worked-I emaile dthe practice and explained what the problem was that I was experiencing and told them about my concerns about why I was frightened. If you don't like their attitude towards you once you have told them how you are feel they are not the right person to treat you. I went to a practice 2 weeks ago and got in the chair after 7 years of fear on the same trip because they were so gentle with me but at the end of the day they were being too slow/gentle to start treatment so I went elsewhere. I am having my first 3 ever fillings next week :(

Give it a go with the email and remember if they aren't supportive and understanding they are not the right person to treat you.

I hope this helps.

I had 4 impacted wisdom teeth removed. I was really nervous leading up to it but it turned out being no big deal.:cheers: I had i/v sedation for the procedure so I was "asleep" during the whole thing seeing, hearing and feeling nothing.:cloud9:

Hey guys,

Thank you for the replies.

I've been researching about sedation, and it seems we don't have IV sedation here D: and even the gas sedation is very expensive and rare. Luckily I found a dentist that has the gas, and heard some terrific recomendations about her.

I'll be there in 3 hours, I'm already in panic even with my boyfriend coming with me.

Wish me luck :3

I'll be back here later and tell you how was it.

Last edited:
Back