• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Sadation Worked! extreme fear/ leg shakes

C

CMiller

I just wanted to tell my story, incase it helps someone else. I never had a problem with the dentist till one visit, getting a cavity filled, it all changed. I felt faint and my legs shaked uncontrollably, like i went into shock. (i have a history of panic attacks, but this was no panic attack & i wasn't even scared of the dentist). Well that was it i was teriffied and my dentist didn't know what to do with me, i tried another one and getting gas...be even he wouldn't work on me since my blood pressure went so high before the procedure (and i don't even have high blood pressure). Then i started thinking i may be allergic to the novacane. Well this website gave me good info and i went to an allergist and got checked. Everything was fine. I spoke to my family doctor and he thought I was in no danger it might be panic or maybe some mild reaction (even used novacane without epi). Well i finally decided to try sedation dentistry. i was scared to do it, i was sure even with that i would have some terrible reaction....Well i can't belive it, it worked!! it was great!! i don't remember anything except getting up and leaving. I don't know if i had been having such a severe panic attack i was going into shock or if i was reacting to the novacine but it doesn't matter because now with sedation i know i can get work done. What a huge relief! I encourge anyone to try it, i think you find it worth every penny!!! Also i had even gotten nervous about regular cleanings but this sedation dentist has TV's in all the rooms so i knew for a teeth cleaning i could focus on something that would relax me...you might want to check into that as well.
Thanks for this website it has been a lifesaver!!!

Well done!! :jump::jump::jump:

I am happy this option worked for you. Your good report will encourage and help many other people.

It feels very good to make it through a very stressful experience.

Blessings to you :)

thanks! I never could have done it without this website. it is a God sent!:magicwand:

Hi there,
I was delighted to read something like this as it sounds so much like me. I am due to have my teeth prep for veneers next thursday the 16th of april 09. I will be getting prep work done for 5 hours and need to be sedated. I am so nervous about it and never had sedation before. I am glad that i am not alone with my fears. I too get the shakes on the chair and my heart pounds and i get sweaty palms. Congrats on going through the sedation and I hope my experience will be as effective as yours.

Wish me luck:(

I really think once it's done you'll be amazed as to how easy it is. I was really scared to, teriffied, but now when i need to do it again, i wouldn't think twice about it. Good luck, you'll do great!!! :)

You might want to see if your dentist can or does give you a valium the night before, i think it's pretty much standard procedure and it was very helpful. Truly all those panic feelings you get, you won't have to go thru this time... this will be alot easier then sweating thru a typical visit. Well worth it! :)

Back