• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

New Dentist

S

scared2bthere

I've an appointment in less thna an hour with a new dentist. I'm really nervous. I'm scheduled for one extraction of wisdom tooth and a possible filling. BUT... I have something that feels like it might be abscessing too. I don't want to do this today. Even if maybe the abscess thing wasn't happening but the work we have scheduled will already take all my insurance. I don't need this stress.:cry:

Hi there, just wanted to give you a big hug and tell you it will be OK!! I know it sucks, I have a root canal scheduled for tomorrow and I think I'd rather be pushed out of an airplane with no parachute.

But we are all on the same page here, so lots of hugs. We know what the fear and the stress and anxiety feels like. YYUUCCKKK!!!!!!!!

Please come back and tell us how you made out, I'm sure you will be coming back to say it wasn't so bad.

:grouphug:

Oh thank you so much for the reply!! I hope this goes well and goes fast although he's scheduled a 2 hour appt which makes me nervous all by it's self. :XXLhug:

Be happy he scheduled a long appt. - that shows he cares about his patients and doesn't want to feel rushed or pressured.

Wow, it must almost be time for your appt. I'm sending big vibes of courage and encouragement and comfort. In a little while it will all be over. I will be checking later to see how you made out!! Please come back and tell us all about it!!

:thumbsup:

Good Morning:

Blessings to you at your appointment. First appointments are always long since there is usually paperwork and "houskeeping" stuff to take care of.

There is usually consultation time in there. I like to spend time chatting with my new patients to get to know them and their past experiences before we start on the purpose for the visit.

You are going to do great.

Let us know how it goes. :)

I'm back. Got the filling, the wisdom tooth extracted and was fitted for a Valplast partial. WooHoo I might get some teeth again!

The tooth popped out pretty easily, I was shocked!! My last Dentist who I am not going to return to for a couple of reasons, had it scheduled for a surgical but this one did a simple and it wasn't a problem at all. Only thing was I got an extra injection after he checked to see if it was numb which is not out of the ordinary for me. He's awesome! I'm still numb lol so hopefully I'll still be as thrilled when the stuff wears off but for now it's all good.

Update,
The numbness has worn off. More pain than I had expected but the ibuprophen when I got to take it just about an hour ago took the edge off. Hopefully it will feel better by tomorrow.

AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So glad to hear you got this part behind you and that it wasn't so bad, another success story!!

I hope you are feeling a little better now and can just relax and take it easy and be proud for getting this part behind you and I'm sure now you have a bit more courage for the next time.

Thanks for letting us know how you made out. I'm also glad you liked the dentist, that makes such a big difference!! But this was incredibly brave of you, you should feel proud.

:respect:

My turn tomorrow morning. Blech.

Back