• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

New to forum

A

ashamedofteeth

I have been reading this forum for about two weeks. I was feeling so
alone and I am so thankful that I found this. I have a dentist appointment scheduled in a couple days. I am so embarrassed and scared as I have not taken good care of my teeth due to my phobia. I believe, and I feel as most do, I just don't want to be belittled or made feel worse for not taken care of my teeth. I feel bad that I could not have come to this realization earlier as I am serious need of care. I am praying that the dentist and his office is understanding as I feel it will be very hard to start for square on again.
Well the count down has begun I am hoping for the best

Congratulations for making the appointment, that is a big step! Hope your dentist is good and understanding - as there are good dentists out there!

Thank you so much. I really hope I get a empathetic dentist. That is mostly why I have avoided going. Well I have less than 24 hours. Thank you for you support. This is very hard

Back