• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

been there....

J

justcamping

I am so glad I found this site. I am in the process of adjusting to new dentures. On 4/21 I had my impressions made. On 4/27 the six teeth on the left were removed. I was honestly scared to death and the dentist I went to only used Novacaine. My fears were unfounded. On 5/5 the six teeth on the right were removed. Again, no problem. This past Monday, 5/11 the remaining 11 teeth were removed and both upper and lower dentures were placed. I will admit that I am now having some difficulty adjusting to my new "teeth". The major problem is eating. I am living on Instant Breakfast, yogurt, pudding, jello not bad but I would love a hamburger. From reading some of the posts I realize it will take time and patience. Good luck to all those who are contemplating dentures. I truly believe it was the right decision for me.
Lilypad

hi
i hope you get used to your new dentures soon, i too am having all my top teeth taken out and dentures fitted the same day and six teeth taken out on the bottom and partial ones put in , i am terrified has it changed the shape of your face having dentures, I'm having mine done next Thursday the 21st ,mine are only nhs dentures so i hope they are ok . i don't know anyone else who has nhs ones so not sure what quality they will be, but they are going to be better than my on teeth. please keep us up to date with your new dentures and i really hope you will get your burger soon. :)

It has been a week since my dentures were put in. The first few days were uncomfortable. I was told to keep them in 24/7 for two days which I did. Now I take them out at night. I'm still hesitant to chew some foods. I had to return to the dentist once for an adjustment to my lower denture. It made quite a difference. My dentures have changed my face a little, but I am assured that I still have healing and gum shrinkage yet to go through. In 4 to 6 weeks I return for a soft relining which will help even more. Each day I feel I am improving.

Back