• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Venting 101 =[

K

Kytxtie

Last month i went through 2 root canals. It wasn't as a bad as i thought it was going to be, Until my dentist now tells me that my insurance won't cover for me to get the crowns. I'm so angry and depressed that i'm basically going to be left with the 2 root canal teeth out they way they are. I don't have the money to pay 650 for each crown (and that's with a 25% discount) :(

However, my insurance will cover for the metal crowns, but i don't want to look like a pirate, since the root canals i got are at the front of my mouth. I don't know what to do :(

:mad::mad::shame::shame::shame::shame::cry::cry::cry:

Where are you located? In the U.S. they do offer CareCredit to help pay for the expenses. I am having the same problems. My insurance is maxed out for the year so now I have to pay everything out of pocket. It is so frustrating and even my credit line with Care Credit is maxed. I am finishing my scaling which I have had to pay. Any other work I need done will have to be done little by little as I get money. I know dental schools are cheaper but not sure how paying them works .

Where are you located? In the U.S. they do offer CareCredit to help pay for the expenses. I am having the same problems. My insurance is maxed out for the year so now I have to pay everything out of pocket. It is so frustrating and even my credit line with Care Credit is maxed. I am finishing my scaling which I have had to pay. Any other work I need done will have to be done little by little as I get money. I know dental schools are cheaper but not sure how paying them works .

I live in Miami.
What exactly is carecredit? so far, my dentist really hasn't told me anything other then what i've written above.
:(

I live In Chicago so I am sure its available in your area. I think if you go online and search for Care Credit you can apply for it. It's similar to a credit card but they offer 0% financing for your dental bills if paid in full within 12 months. It helped me finance a few of my things that needed to get done so maybe it can help you complete your crowns.

Back