• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

What happens at wisdom tooth extraction check-up

M

Margarine4

I have an appointment for later today to have a check-up with the oral surgeon because I had all 4 of my wisdom teeth out a week and a half ago. I have 3 dry sockets. I had dissolving stiches, but one of my top extraction sites looks like it still has a big stich poking into my cheek. What are they going to do to me at this appointment? Will anything hurt? I am terrified they are going to squirt stuff into the holes again (like the did before they put in packings for the dry sockets)

Someone please tell me what to expect. I am fearing the unknow almost as much as going.

I get mine out this week. How was the surgery?

If you use conscious sedation the surgery is fine. You won't feel a thing and you won't remember any of the surgery. They gave me laughing gas first because I was so scared I couldn't stop crying- I highly recommend that if it is offered to you. It makes it much easier to relax.

Good luck. You will do fine.

Back