• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

new to site

L

lillylove

Hello all,
found this site by accident, but after reading some of the posts, this might be the right place for me!
First of all I am ashamed to say I haven't been to the "lovely" dentist in a very long time....long story short, filling feel out of back tooth, major, major pain!
went to the dentist, said i need gum surgery as well as the dreaded root canal!!! gave me some heavy antibiotics as well as pain meds.....he cleaned out the tooth and sealed it with temporary filling....

tooth is still hurting...going to have laser gum surgery and the root canal on the same day in July....I am eating soft foods as I can't bite down on the sore tooth (guess I will lose weight too!) woo hoo!!

I guess I am wondering if anyone else out there has ever experienced the same sort of situation????
sorry for the long post!!;)

Hello. welcome to this site, its a good thing you found this site by accident lol because its a wonderful site. I have never heard of gum surgery before, what is it exactly?

traditional gum surgery is when they actually cut your gums, remove the bad portion and then sew it up! I guess it is needed when gums are in really bad shape....I am having it done via laser so there shouldn't be any pain (only from the shot to numb me up.... I should have taken better care of my teeth :shame: so this is the price i must pay!

Back