• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Appointment Thursday and scared stiff!

I re read yr post twice convinced i'd read one by someone else you go girl !!!
wow im totally impressed you've changed so much its unreal!!!
just keep thinking about exactly what you just said to us big dent in treatment plan and it will be you will skip a few steps and its great you need courage to go in the first place and to get a big part of yr work done is great !!!
I did mine as fast as i could i decided thats what would work best for me just get it all done quick but its not for everyone i know you can do this and dont forget you can always start with a small filling and if it starts to get too much for you just say ive had enough today can we leave it now please they wont mind its what yr happy with !!!
cant wait to hear yr good news concentrate on the positives
love emma

3 hours until my appointment and I am freaking out! I sure hope I get some good news today and can make it thru everything scheduled. I told my husband that if I get good news and all goes well that he will find me floating in the pool and eating a big bowl of ice cream when he gets home from work..LOL

How do you all keep yourselves going so you don't freak out just before an appointment?

Today I woke up at 7am, walked the dog, watered all my flowers, did 3 load of laundry, called a friend, and am now on the computer and its only 9am. I have a couple of other things to do before I get ready but my gosh the time is going by so slow.

I don't think I can ever deal with an afternoon appointment again!!

hey olivacs
ive been thinking about you i really really hope yr ok and that everything went well but im sure it did yr already showing signs of getting through this and i know you can do it !!!!
hoping for good news
emma

Hi Emma,
3 hours until I go!!! Will keep you posted on how it goes

Hi Olivacs,

It sounds like you're doing exactly the types of things that most people around here do to keep busy and to keep our minds occupied before an appointment. Exercise can also help, especially if it's something you have to concentrate on like aerobics or something.

In the meantime, I'm sure your husband is going to find you floating in the pool eating icecream when he gets home today. (What a lovely idea that is!)

Re: Apointment done!

Well I am back!! Three long hours there and this is how it went...

I had my fillings which went ok...just a bit annoying with the suction and all.
Next, they remeasured my gum pockets and I told the girl not to say the numbers aloud because I was scared. After she was done she told me that I have made huge progress!!!! So then she scraped my teeth and then polished them. She kept telling me how great I am doing and we looked back at how everything looked on day one when I first walked in the door back in March. I have made huge strides since then just by looking at the pictures and charts.

Then on to the periodontist.....I was so scared I cried in the room like a big baby....
She told me everything looked sooooooooooooo much better than my chart first showed and that there were still two teeth that we have to watch but other than that I can move forward with implants if I want. If I do go the implant route we will have to pull those two questionable teeth due to the alignment of them and the bone structure of them. I decided not to worry about that now because I want to finish my current treatment plan with the dentist.

So I go back July 9th because they want to put a sealant on a few of my top front teeth which from what I am told is no big deal and then my crown work will begin a week after that. Almost there!!!

Oh....does anyone use a tongue scraper? I have a very dry mouth mostly due to stress and they said I need to keep my tongue spotless because bacteria thrives on it.

Yay !!!!!!!!!!:jump::jump::yay::yay::yay:
Wow olivacs im so so proud of you i told you i knew you could do it !!! Know what you mean about afternoon appointments though they really suck if yr scared !!
I cant believe how much progress you have made what a huge dent in yr treatment plan you just made thats fantastic cross them off in big black pen !!!
Im so so glad to hear yr gums are healing well and yr absolutely right not to worry about the implants now thats yr decision when yr good and ready and you need to concentrate on yr current course of action too.
have a nice relaxing bath now you did a great job and you've earned a nice rest till the next appointment well done you !!!
hugs
emma:XXLhug:

Thanks so much Emma...
I am crying over here because of the relief I feel from being done with three appointments in one day.

The support everyone gives on this board is so great and really makes things easier.

You better believe I crossed those items off the treatment plan LOL
Now time for a swim in my pool. It's 89 degrees outside and my pool water is 84 degrees..

pool what pool !!!!!!!!!!!!!
you lucky woman oh my god i wish i had a pool
thats so not fair !!!!
emma

LOL It's a lot of upkeep so don't wish you had one all that much.

Hi Olivacs,

Congratulations on getting so many things done on your appt. I'm so happy to hear that there is an improvement after your scaling and rooting!! I hope that will be me. I go for my first scaling and rooting tomorrow morning. We are doing 2 quadrants. I'm nervous because I'm afraid of having loose teeth afterwards, that they will need to be extracted. Wish me luck! Once again, congrats! :)

Big :jump:Olivia! Hooray for you! :) I do have to join Emma however in being jealous over your pool-wish I had one! It was mid 90's here today in LA.

Mona

Back