• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

T Minus 55 Minutes till extraction

P

pacesetter123

Man does this stink, my weekend was terrible and my day so far has been worse. The funny thing is I just had two teeth extracted two years ago and it really wasnt that big a deal, yet here I am going through the same anxiety I went through before.

This time I'm getting two top teeth left and back. I made a big mistake in scheduling this appointment.

1) I took the earliest date of today Monday, in hindsight prob not a good idea going into the weekend with that looming.

2) I took the first available time slot, 2:30pm which was another big mistake, I should have taken a first thing in the morning time as I am sitting here at work a total wreck.

At this point I just want this torture of waiting over with and I want to get to the otherside. I plan to post on this thread in a few hours after all is said and done.

Well, I Killed fifteen minutes, almost time for the dreaded ride to the oral surgeon, wish me luck. I'll post in a few hours

Hey!

I guess the appointment is over now, how was it? I hope it all went well!

You are braver than me I always take the whole day off work for the dentist! Can't bear to be anywhere but home whilst in a stress beforehand and also when my mouth is all numb after. I am having an extraction done next time so would really like to know how you found it. Might put my mind at rest.....maybe!

Anyway, hope all went well. :)

Well, Its over, I made to the other side.
The Oral Surgeon was very nice and he offered me gas which did take the edge off and I recommend it to anyone with a heavy fear going in.
I did suffer one setback as the tooth broke during extraction due to its decay, however I felt no pain or discomfort at all durng the entire procedure. I did however require a few stitches and it is throbbing a bit now but not anything too extreme.

The decesion was made to only remove the one back moler and leave the tooth next to it in as he thinks it can be saved with a root canal ( Here we go again ).

By far the worst part was the wait ( this past weekend ) today and the ride over. at least its over and I can get back on the mend, I need to stop typing these percocet are starting to make me loopy.

Ths is a wonderful website and I found it to be very comforting as I was suffering the worst part of any Dental procedure,,,,,, the wait

God Bless.

Hi, I feel your pain. I just had a back molar root tip extraction last week. Boy, was I a wreck. But, doesn't it feel like a great sense of pride that you did it? Good luck on the root canal. Remember, the antcipation is always worse than the procedure.:jump:

I can absolutely agree that the anticipation is the worst part of the procedure. When I had my teeth extracted, I was a wreck! That is, until they got the IV and the drugs going in and before i knew it, it was done!

Back