• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Could my broke tooth cause bad head symptoms

B

Bettylou

I broke a tooth 4 years ago, I had a root canal but it then broke further and I am too scared to get it taken out. About 3 years ago I started to get tightening sensations in my face and a fuzzy head like I have a really bad head cold, but bad enough to stop me from driving. I have had numerous tests done with a neurologist and endocronologist but to no avail. I now havent driven for 2 years and am at a loss as to what could cause these symptoms. I have no pain with my tooth but keep getting recurrent throat infections and bad ears. Can a bad tooth cause all those symptoms?

I cannot speak as an expert, but I had about six months of blinding headaches which felt like someone pushing a needle behind my right eye. For some reason, caffine seemed to aggrivate it and sometimes these headaches would turn into migraines which would floor me for most of a day.

I thought it was a change in my eyesight or tooth decay, although I did not have toothache. Eventually (after much complaining) I had an Xray which confirmed an abcess beneath a failed root filling. Sometime after I had the tooth pulled and the abcess cleared up, the headaches stopped and I havn't had one since.

I know it may be difficult, but I would strongly suggest you get your teeth checked out as that may be a cause.

Thanks, I am going to book in, I dont think people realize how much of a problem a broken tooth can cause.

Did you have any inkling that there might have been anything under the tooth?

Back