• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Finally Finished !!

B

brewer734

Hey
well its been a while so I decided to give you an update.
Today I visited my lovely dentist for the last time ( well for 6 months anyway yay!!) He wanted to check on my teeth whitening which has gone brilliantly simon cowell would be jealous !!! So yes im finally totally finished ( 7 fillings 4 teeth out and a deep clean )and that feels great !!
My dentist is doing a charity sky dive theres a big poster on the wall says how much would you pay to push yr dentist out of a plane ?? Needless to say ive sponsored him he admitted he's nervous and I said that it will be brilliant now he will know how dental phobics feel as they're about to enter the dentist's!!! I think chucking yr dentist out of a plane should be compulsory make them all understand the fear we go through ha ha ha !!!!
Anyway update on my complaint about the oral surgeon all i know for now is that my dentists has a new sedationist but other than me knowing they are investigating I really dont know much else although it is strange they've suddenly got a new sedationist isn't it !! but i will update on this thread when i do i owe you all so much you've helped me no end and i really really want to be able to give you good news about this so if ever ( god forbid) someone else neds to complain about something it will give them some idea of the ( very slow) process !!!
Anyway thankyou all again
Love and huge hugs
Emma :grouphug:

Hi Emma:

That is great, well done!!:cheers::cheers:

You have come incredibly far and done brilliantly despite all the setbacks. When your dentist is pushed out of the plane does he get a parachute or an anvil? :devilish:

I am glad you stood up and complained, it has apparently done some good although you may never know the full extent. medical and dental communities are fairly tight lipped.

You should be very proud of yourself, totally awesome.

Blessings. :)

Emma I am so proud of you!!! You made it thru it all and did great!
You are an inspiration to me to keep going on with my treatment and I am sure others feel the same way.

Reading all of your posts have really gotten mr thru some hard times when I felt I couldn't keep going on!

Thanks so much for that!

Geez Emma, we started on this journey together, and I thought I'd be finished way before you. At first it seemed that you needed so much more work done that me, yet here you are, all done.

I'm so proud of you, not just for persevering and getting all this work done with some pretty upsetting setbacks, but also for all the support and advice you've given here on this forum. I know you helped me tremendously, and many others too.

Kudos to you kiddo - you are a shining example of how it can be done, regardless of past experience and fear and all the horror stories of the past.

YAY EMMA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :respect:

Emma, I admire your courage so very much! :respect: I am so very happy that you are done! Go Emma! :) I wish you only amazing things to come. :yay:

Mona

Hi Emma, I wanted to add my congratulations!!!

I'm sure everyone here who has followed your journey would agree that you're absolutely amazing :respect:!

I'm so happy for you :cloud9:

(P.S.: please do keep us updated on what happens with the complaint. I'm glad to hear that your practice have dumped him :thumbsup:)

:jump::jump::jump:
YAHOO! Way to go Emma! You are a superstar and an inspiration to us all!
As to your dentist having a new sedationist--I dont find that strange at all. lol!
:)

That's great news, Emma! Way to go! :yay:

hey guys
thanks for all yr incredible support I really really couldn't have done this without you all it takes a phobic to understand another phobic thats why this forum helps so much !
Dont worry i will still be coming on and keeping you all updated im still celebrating ive got 6 months dentist free but I am worried that when the time comes for me to go i will be terrified again because i wont have been for so long !! I think I managed it this time because i kept going and i got into a routine with it all but 6 months is a long time and im scared of slipping backwards. However i will use my white teeth as an incentive hopefully that will be enough !!!!
anyway love and hugs to you all !!!!!
Emma:grouphug:

Emma,

Glad you managed to see everything through to the end.

Well done!

Just to say huge congratulations and well done. To cope with all the work you have had done is truly inspirational :)

Congrats! That's great! :jump:

I'm almost "finished" too, though I haven't needed nearly as much work done as most people on here. I needed to get 12 cavities filled & a root canal. Got the 12 cavities filled, now I just need to get the root canal done...

Well done!

Im so terribly jealous and cannot wait to be in your position! I imagine it must feel amaaaaazzzzzing!!

May I ask a cheeky question and ask how much your whitening was? I know its expensive but I would like a rough idea, as I think this would be a nice treat when I finish my treatment.... ( a long way to go, today is my 3rd appointment... !!!!!)

:grouphug:

Back