• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Anyone used orajel before?

I

Ice-princess

Hi again every 1, well my toothache is still coming and going and I can't get to the dentist until Monday.

Has anyone used Orajel for toothache before, I don't know whether it's worth giving it a go?

Has anyone used anything else I could try?

Ice-princess:thumbsup:

It might work for you it is probably best to just try it because it works really well for other things, but I have read somewhere on here that you should be careful with how much you use in a certain time period.

I have used it before and found that though it works okay, it doesnt last long at least it didnt for me.

hey
So Sorry yr in pain its not nice at all been there done that. Anyway My friend swears by orajel she had a lot of toothache a while back and she said it helped her but like Drummerswife said it doesn't last long.
Emma

well thanks 4 ur replies guys but i tried orajel and it didnt do a thing, my toungue went numb and my toothache got worse, i never thought id say this but i cant wait to go to the dentist on monday and get this sorted out! :(

Ice-princess:thumbsup:

I know what you mean about your tongue going numb, i have used it and all it seems to do is numb my throat, feels like i have no throat, i mustav swallowed some he he and my tongue goes numb and the gum i supposes but the tooth ache remains, i have no idea why they say it can be used for toothace because it doesnt help. I think it is best to use before a dental visit to numb the area where they will inject you and it wilol help the needle be less scary. I had my throat numbed before in hospital, and it was horrible and when i used the orajel it brought the memories back....... It was very expensive to buy also when i feel it doesnt help much. I am sorry to hear you are suffereing.

Back