• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Incorrect bite in new dentures

M

maggieheer

Hopeless again! I always start out ok with trust and faith things will work out BUT it never happens that way in real life.

I really thought that getting all my teeth pulled and a complete set of dentures was the right thing to do for my health and well being. I was encouraged by my Doctor and she referred me to the Dentists who would accept my medicaid insurance.( I am disabled )

Well 3 months ago I had all my teeth removed and then 2 weeks ago had my dentures made. Last week I received my new teeth. I knew there could be fitting problems from pressure sores and supposedly the dentist would fix the spots.

Here is my real life. The dentist brought my teeth in and crammed the top plate in my mouth quickly. It really hurt. Then he put in the bottom plate and they were loose and I couldn't talk. The assistant was holding a mirror in front of my face saying look at your pretty new smile.

So I asked about the time to come in to fix any problems that might occur and was told 3 months! I asked about what to do with sores or any other fitting problems and was told again to wait 3 months.

I was so sad because my bottom teeth were/are to big to stay in my mouth and all he said was use adhesives.The bite is also wrong so in the back the teeth do not go together without twisting my jaw.Needless to say no chewing for me because it hurts.

I went to my doctor who referred me and made her call the dentist, after she saw the sores on my gums and checked out the teeth alignment issue. I have an appointment for next week but think I will get screwed by this dentist who does not care and most of all my life is so hopeless.

Just thought I would vent a little.

:cry:

So sorry to hear of your troubles. I have a partial on the bottom and that was hard enough to get used to. Being you had your teeth removed 3 months ago and dentures placed now, your gums should have healed nicely. There is no reason why your dentist should not adjust your dentures for you. I had my extractions and immediate partial placed the same day. It was not the greatest fit but they adjusted to accomodate me. 3 months later we re-lined them because my gums needed to heal. Now, anytime I have discomfort or need adjustments my dentist will always do them.

I urge you to stand up for yourself and tell them you are not happy with the fit. Nothing is worse than having a mouth where you can't chew anything.
I wish you the best and hope your dentist will help you..after all it is their job.

Back