• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

new here, big thanx 2 u all

P

poolie

Hi everyone. Just wanted to say a big thank you to you all. I dont think i could have gotten through the last few weeks without reading some of your posts on here. I hadnt seen a dentist in 12 years until a few weeks ago and i had no idea there were so many other people in the same boat. I.e, literally PETRIFIED!!!:scared: I went, anyway, almost needed to find a few wild horses to drag me there though,:giggle: but it really wasnt a tiny bit as bad as i expected it would be. I need a LOT of work doing, but the dentist didnt judge me at all. Which i think is a big, big part of what we're all afraid of. Now, 1 week, 14 extractions and 2 partial plates later, with god knows what else to come in a few weeks time,:o, i actually WANT to smile at people. A feeling i havent had for such a along time, and it feels great. I wont say it was easy to come this far, and i've still got a bit of a way to go, but if i can do it, (and believe me, i am the worlds biggest fairy!!!!), you all can too.
Dont know if i've been any help to anyone, but know that i am thinking of each and every one of you. I hope that by reading this i pass a little bit of the courage i managed to find on to you. I've now got 3 weeks til i go bak to find some more from somewhere??????!:confused:. Good luck to you all.:hug2:

:jump:Congratulations!:jump:

Isn't it a great feeling? I don't know what's better, being able to smile again after not allowing ourselves to for so long, or knowing that we wrestled our fear to the mat and got through some major treatment. It's ALL good. :yay:

Have you thought about writing a journal here? It could help others facing what you've recently dealt with, and it's a good way to mark our personal progress as we go.

I'm glad you've gotten as far as you have and can smile again. Kudos to you!

Thanx Cielo.
Thats really kind of you to say so, thank you.xx. Good idea to write a journal too, i may take quite a few pages up though??????:giggle:

Writing seems like a plan at the minute??? Cant seem to manage the art of conversation at the minute with these things in my mouth. And i've got a job interview tomorrow?! That should be fun. I have impecable timing for facing my fears dont i?!!:ROFLMAO:

Good luck with the interview. Sure you sound absolutely fine and if you feel nervous you can tell yourself if you can through all that dental work so bravely you can certainly bag that job!

xx

I second what JenJen said!

You have done great and your interview will be a piece of cake...

To Olivacs & JenJen,
Thank u.xx. U lot are great on here. Wish i'd found you YEARS ago.!!! Might not be in this predicament now!!:giggle:

I just hope i dont spit at whoever it is that interviews me?? That sounds disgusting, i know, but i really cant help it with the partials in.
Going to spend the whole night talking the heads off the kids, see if i can work out how NOT to do it. LOL.

Best of luck for the interview!

Try to talk extra slow when interviewing. You'll be able to form the sounds better, and your interviewer will think you're just being thoughtful about your answers. ;)

You'll do fine. Put that smile to good use!

:jump:Congrats!! Great job!!

Thanks, chickenjen. xx.

And to Cielo, i like that bit about it making me sound thoughtful?? Thats very clever. :) I've also been reading your journal, after you suggested i write one. YOU ARE MY HERO!!!!! To go through all that, raise 3 kids and work full time throughout?? You deserve a medal.! :cheers:I really hope you get everything finally sorted soon. You've waited long enough.xxx

Back