• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

The return !!

B

brewer734

Hi everyone
Well doesn't time fly when your having fun with no dentist to worry about!! Now a week tomorrow its time to go back for my 6 month check-up ( although the last time i went was july they say they count from when you have your first exam). I am no where near as bad as i was before but with a week to go I am now getting nervous all the what if this is wrong or what if I need this doing swim round my mind and i start to feel anxious again. My dentist said everything should be fine this time and its just routine im sure he's right but my mind wanders down the possibility route anyway. Another thing that worries me is if I need more work ( god forbid) its so so expensive one of my fillings was £120!!!! The check-up alone isn't too bad £27 but a filling is extortionate!!!
As far as I know my teeth feel ok apart from the sensitive one that i told him about and he said thats because its such a deep filling and the whitening probably didnt help with the sensitivity. ( no but im so proud of my white smile!!)
I think once again I have been listening to horror stories just last week a friend said she had her front tooth filled a couple of years back and it needs replacing now I fear I will go and he will say oh dear we need to re-do that one.
Oh well I suppose theres nothing to do but wait and see I havn't been for a while and I think thats made me worse too.
love and hugs
oh and a big white smile
Emma :)

Hi Emma,
I have no doubt that you wil do great next week. You have already been through the hardest part. It'll be smoth sailing from here!
I know just how you feel. I was really nervous with check up last week but it was fine and yours will be too.
Blessings to you dear lady:)

Hi Emma:

You will be just fine. There is very little that will happen in a few months. This will be a quick check. Do not listen to someone else s horror stories, you are not them.

Remember over 98% of what we worry about never happens.

Blessings :)

Hi Emma!

You will do great! I have every faith in it...
You have been thru so much in the past that this will be the most simple thing you go thru. Being that you just had all of your work done not to long ago, I agree that all will be ok.
Show off that smile when you walk in!!!

Hugs to you

Hi Emma,

Welcome back :) I, too, have every confidence that you will do fantastic. I love what Olivia said about walking in there, showing off your smile--I hope you are able to do so! You have triumphed over unbelievably evil :devilish:'s and WON enormously. That should, I hope, will make a huge difference to you during this routine appointment. You will be great. :grouphug:

Mona

Enjoy....you will be fine...:grouphug: :party:

Hi Emma, I'm sure everything will be fine, have you tried using sensodyne toothpaste on your sensitive tooth? Let us know how you get on.

Hi again
The woman from the dentist just phoned to confirm my appointment and now ive got this horrible anxious feeling inside that wont go im so not looking forward to monday. The worst part is I feel like ive let myself down by going backwards to being scared again I think before I was used to going every week and in a way that helped now I havn't been for a couple of months im all scared again.
Its stupid because I know ive done all the work now but I still fear what he's going to say its waiting for him to say if I need anything doing when he's looked that really upsets me because the original devil dentist always made that part torture by dragging it out taking his gloves off and everything before telling you so thats kind of stuck in my mind like waiting for the ultimate verdict !!
Anyway happy halloween everyone !!!
have fun
love emma

I just accept the fact that I'm always going to be a bit scared of the dentist, but I have so MANY positive experiences to build from, from last year to the present that a dental visit (albeit STILL a bit scary) WILL BE and IS something I can get through.
We're phobics, I think we are always going to be scared. I don't think it's going backwards if we admit that. Just as along as you don't stop GOING to the dentist......then that WOULD be going backwards.
Take care,
:hug2:,
Jen

Hi again
The woman from the dentist just phoned to confirm my appointment and now ive got this horrible anxious feeling inside that wont go im so not looking forward to monday. The worst part is I feel like ive let myself down by going backwards to being scared again I think before I was used to going every week and in a way that helped now I havn't been for a couple of months im all scared again.
Its stupid because I know ive done all the work now but I still fear what he's going to say its waiting for him to say if I need anything doing when he's looked that really upsets me because the original devil dentist always made that part torture by dragging it out taking his gloves off and everything before telling you so thats kind of stuck in my mind like waiting for the ultimate verdict !!
Anyway happy halloween everyone !!!
have fun
love emma
You've spooked yourself again..that description was very graphic I can picture the scene....ask your :-* dentist (who isn't going to change) to tell you what he finds as he goes along..he will probably do that anyway. I think what will happen is, as soon as he shakes your hand/greets you, you will relax....a lot....as the old recently established feeling of trust will reactivate...

Back