• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

All of a sudden PETRIFIED! less than 48 hours till "e" day

cantwait2smile

cantwait2smile

So here it comes....the anxiety... the what-if's... its less than 48 hours till i get my full mouth extractions on wed at 920am and all of a suddon i am freaking out. I really just need some reasurrance that I am doing the best thing for myself and that I will be ok....

So here it comes....the anxiety... the what-if's... its less than 48 hours till i get my full mouth extractions on wed at 920am and all of a suddon i am freaking out. I really just need some reasurrance that I am doing the best thing for myself and that I will be ok....

Cantwait2smile, I Believe this will be the best thing you chosen to do in a long time. I cant really say much for the lower Denture, because i did not get, But i have had 2 wisdom teeth taken out in the past and two more on lower just the other day. Think about it, do you want a pain free new smile or would you rather keep what you have now. I sure it will go fine for you, and when you get those teeth out , there will be so much pressure that has been lifted off you. My prayers and thoughts are with you.

What are the alternatives?
It is what it is. You are lucky that you aren't doing the whole mouth extraction at once. That would be intense.
You also have the distraction of your child and your fiance. Not everyone has that .
You will be great. The only way is up, they say.

What are the alternatives?
It is what it is. You are lucky that you aren't doing the whole mouth extraction at once. That would be intense.
You also have the distraction of your child and your fiance. Not everyone has that .
You will be great. The only way is up, they say.

But thats just it tutae i am getting a whole mouth extraction and immedeiate dentures! all at once and I will be awake! I am gonna go through with it I just wish i had some vallium or somethen to Get Me through

Oh no! What happened can't wait?? You were so excited before!

Ok, nerves and fear are normal and especially when you are having a big procedure like you are. I am sure you are doing the right thing for you as it's not a decision to take lightly, I am sure you have thought it through in the past and this is last minute panic.

Try to distract yourself from thinking about it, do anything....clean the house if it helps! Remember deep breaths on the day as well. I take something with me that I can fiddle with while the dentist works, it helps to distract me from freaking out. As for having it whilst awake, you will get through it, I have never been sedated as not knowing would scare me. You shouldn't feel a thing, and if you do you must ask for more shots.

Well, good luck, sure it will be fine. :grouphug:

I'm sorry, I didn't want to make you feel worse!
Would you be able to go to the dentist today and get a script for something to relax you?

Can't, you're going to be fine. Honest. If you need something to take the edge off so you can relax a little, call your dentist and ask. Mine will phone a script to my pharmacy of choice. Just knowing you have help available will help ease the anxiety.

You're going to do and be just fine. I was as scared as a person can be before my appointments, but the fear was much worse than the procedures. You've read that all over the place here on the forum, right? We're not making this stuff up. :)

As the others have suggested, find something to keep your mind busy for today. When you feel yourself tense up, stop and take a slow, deep breath through your nose and let it out your mouth, relaxing your shoulders and torso as you exhale. As simple (or silly) as it sounds, it does help. We use it in training horses, teaching them to relax. When we inhale deeply and exhale orally, the horse will, too, and it relaxes them.

Go over your preparation plan today to make sure you're ready. Do you have a few days worth of protein shakes on hand? Semi-liquid food? "Soft" foods weren't soft enough for me at first, it needed to be nearly liquid. Just for a few days, though. Do you like green tea? It's wonderfully refreshing and soothing the first few weeks, especially as you start eating again.

It's going to be okay. You've been waiting for this, you're ready. You're going to look FABULOUS with your new smile and have a full set of teeth again! No more tooth aches, no more dental work. You've got a whole new life ahead of you!

You'll post a photo of the new smile, won't you? We'd love to see it. And we'll be looking forward to hearing how it all went as soon as you're able to update.
:grouphug:

How are you doing?
I hope you are ok.
If anything, I am jealous. I haven't even had the courage to do anything about my bombed out teeth and gums.
I can't wait to see the new choppers.

Can't, don't let the nerves get the best you. Call your dentist and ask him for something that will relax you.
I had 16 teeth removed (and immediate dentures put in) almost three months ago and I was awake for the procedure.
I was scared to death, too. But it wasn't nearly as bad as I thought it would be....absolutely painless!
I just regret I hadn't done it when it was recommended ten years ago.
You're going to do just fine....please post an update when you're feeling up to it.

Sally

cantwait2smile, just checked out your blog, Its Grooovy.. your tatts or cool too, I have serval myself. I guess today is the day for your teeth extractions, I Wish you the best, Please keep us up-to-date..

I also see your from the great white north, Im sure you have heard of trailer park boys?? I Watched every season of it, while i was down for a few days after surgey..

:hidesbehindsofa:

Haha gummin i have certainly seen the tp boys!I MUST SAY THAT I FEEL GREAT! I cant believe how awesome my new teeth are! you were right i already feel so good about myself! the operation went awesome i was awake but felt nothing any soreness he just put more novacaine in!

Back