• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Help i think my jawbone is coming out of my gum!

L

lexibob

So basically i had my back tooth pulled out after a root filling went wrong and now (after a dry socket) where the gap is there are white bits appearing at the front through the gum, is this my jawbone or if not what? Also is this normal?

This tooth/now lack of is driving me crazy and has cost so much money that i dont want to spend money again just for someone to look at it and say its normal, please help? :cry:

Also i'll just add i read the posts about the pieces of bone but these white bits are most definitly attatched, not like left over pieces in the gum

Last edited:
I would definitely bet on them being pieces of tooth left that are coming out...They can look and feel much larger than actually are. There's not much room, so that may be why they feel as though they're attached.

After a molar extraction a while back I had a similar problem. The dentist told me that teeth sit inside thin supporting plates of bone which usually break off during extraction but in this case hadn't. It left me with protruding hard, sharp bits along the inner edge of the "crater". He said it could be dealt with surgically but would resolve on its own in about the same time (I think it was about 2 weeks but can't be sure) and it did.

Yours may be something different, I'm not a dentist so don't know for sure but even if it is bone don't panic because mine did go as predicted.

Back