• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Mild Fever After Extraction

M

Mistyblue

Hello,

I had a tooth extracted today(upper left molar), and I need to find out if it is normal to have a mild fever the day of extraction(99.0 - 99.1)? I have mild pain and swelling. It was a difficult extraction, but not painful. The dentist said that my roots were long and my bones were very strong, so it took her about 30-40 minutes of pulling, and working the tooth back and forth to finally get it out. I'm currently taking Advil and Tylenol for pain.

Thanks,

Michelle

One of my recent extractions went that way. It was difficult and took a long time. It was abscessed though and I did have a mild fever for a couple days post extraction. It's doing fine now.

One of my recent extractions went that way. It was difficult and took a long time. It was abscessed though and I did have a mild fever for a couple days post extraction. It's doing fine now.

Hi scared2bthere,

Thanks for your quick reply! :) The extraction site is doing better today after rinsing with salt water and keeping an ice pack on the area. My fever has gone down as well. It seems that I usually have difficult extractions because of my roots being so long or impacted, but it normally doesn't take long for me to heal up afterward.

The root of that particular tooth I had a slight fever after was quite long too. Glad to hear you are doing better. :)

Back