• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Seabond!!!

Hi, all, new here, Can anyone tell be how EASY it is to remove DENTURES AFTER useing SEABOND. Have tried the gooy stuff ! and did PANIC a bit when they were well glued. HELP PLEASE, thanks. :confused:

Hi, all, new here, Can anyone tell be how EASY it is to remove DENTURES AFTER useing SEABOND. Have tried the gooy stuff ! and did PANIC a bit when they were well glued. HELP PLEASE, thanks. :confused:

It's as easy to take them out as it is when you've just got the denture in without fixative. They just... come out. And then you just peel away the 'wafer' of Seabond. It's amazingly easy stuff to use. :):):)

:mad: that so not fair, stamping foot lol. Now why can't everywhere be the same price, maybe I will have to move ;D

Hi New :welcome:

Its so easy to remove dentures with seabond, like you I panicked with the fixodent and really dont like the goo it leaves behind. Like SXB says it like taking them out with no fixative on them. I bought a tube of fixodent when I got the Seabond, needless to say I wont be opening it, although might come in handy to glue something together;D

:mad: that so not fair, stamping foot lol. Now why can't everywhere be the same price, maybe I will have to move ;D

It'd be worth it! Think of all the money you'd save over the year! About £7.20! Definitely worth it! ;D;D;D

Hi New :welcome:

Its so easy to remove dentures with seabond, like you I panicked with the fixodent and really dont like the goo it leaves behind. Like SXB says it like taking them out with no fixative on them. I bought a tube of fixodent when I got the Seabond, needless to say I wont be opening it, although might come in handy to glue something together;D

I've got a little bit of Poligrip Ultra left and nearly a whole tube of Fixodent. I keep them for those rare occasions when I have to take the Seabond off and it's too late in the day to make it worth my using another wafer. :)

I only have four wafers left after today and I can't get hold of any until next Saturday!!! Mainly cos I'm a little skint! :o:o:o

What will I use next Friday? I will use... the "trimmed-off bits" from the wafers I'll be using in the next few days. ;D;D;D

Friday's gonna be interesting. Will bits of Seabond be falling out of mouth in work?! Will I swallow a piece? Will my denture fly out of my mouth?! :o:o:o

Stay tuned and all will be revealed! ;D;D;D

I only have four wafers left after today and I can't get hold of any until next Saturday!!! Mainly cos I'm a little skint! :o:o:o

What will I use next Friday? I will use... the "trimmed-off bits" from the wafers I'll be using in the next few days. ;D;D;D

Friday's gonna be interesting. Will bits of Seabond be falling out of mouth in work?! Will I swallow a piece? Will my denture fly out of my mouth?! :o:o:o

Stay tuned and all will be revealed! ;D;D;D

UPDATE!!! It's NOT, repeat NOTa good idea!!! :o:o:o

Some
of the strips stayed in place, but it was uncomfortable all day long. Bits kept slipping out of the back of the denture and tickling my soft palate! Not painful, just strange. Use the wafer as it says on the box! The only way to do it. ;)

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: couldn't stop laughing at those posts. Visions of you sitting there sticking little bits on. As for it slipping out of the back and tickling.. I have had that happen when I haven't trimmed it properly and make myself gag :ROFLMAO:
I have a fear of running out of it :o so got my next box when I was only halfway through the first ;D

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: couldn't stop laughing at those posts. Visions of you sitting there sticking little bits on. As for it slipping out of the back and tickling.. I have had that happen when I haven't trimmed it properly and make myself gag :ROFLMAO:
I have a fear of running out of it :o so got my next box when I was only halfway through the first ;D

Yep! ;D I told my wife what I was planning to do with the little bits and she was greatly amused as well! ;D I'm always teasing her about her habit of never throwing things out... So she was getting her revenge I guess! ;D

The bits that came out were the parts that touch the hard palate (roof of mouth). Those that I had next to my actual gums stayed in place... which got me thinking that, in a pinch, maybe Seabond meant for lowers could work with uppers? It's a possibility. ;)

But! The sensible thing to do is make sure you have plenty in stock, as you are doing, Julie. I am going to really stock up on pay day! ;D

Yes its the wifes revenge lol. I got seabond for lowers even though I haven't worn them once :redface: they are a nice oranament on fireplace at the moment for some reason :ROFLMAO: Would never have crossed my mind to save the trimmed bits . ooo and i managed to eat my dinner tonight no problem, but had coffee after and they were all over the place ;D

Yes its the wifes revenge lol. I got seabond for lowers even though I haven't worn them once :redface: they are a nice oranament on fireplace at the moment for some reason :ROFLMAO: Would never have crossed my mind to save the trimmed bits . ooo and i managed to eat my dinner tonight no problem, but had coffee after and they were all over the place ;D

You could incorporate the lower denture into a nice flower display. Have some daisies entwined around them or something! And maybe a nice tea candle each side? ;D

Mine are getting a wee bit loose as far as eating's concerned. I'll have to have another lining soon I guess. No big problem. They stay solidly in place for the rest of the time, I just need to take extra care with my food.

You could incorporate the lower denture into a nice flower display. Have some daisies entwined around them or something! And maybe a nice tea candle each side? ;D

Mine are getting a wee bit loose as far as eating's concerned. I'll have to have another lining soon I guess. No big problem. They stay solidly in place for the rest of the time, I just need to take extra care with my food.

Off to buy some tea candles later :ROFLMAO:. My uppers are the same, stay in place lovely until I eat then they go walk about, not had a reline yet, seeing dentist on 9th April so maybe then

Off to buy some tea candles later :ROFLMAO:. My uppers are the same, stay in place lovely until I eat then they go walk about, not had a reline yet, seeing dentist on 9th April so maybe then

You'll see all the difference with a reline. It's great - they feel so snug once it's done. :)

SXB, bless you for posting this review! I'd actually posted a question earlier today asking if anyone had tried Seabond, since it looked like a good idea to me! :)

UPDATE!!! It's NOT, repeat NOTa good idea!!! :o:o:o

Some
of the strips stayed in place, but it was uncomfortable all day long. Bits kept slipping out of the back of the denture and tickling my soft palate! Not painful, just strange. Use the wafer as it says on the box! The only way to do it. ;)

:ROFLMAO: I love this forum. No where else can people laugh about false teeth and the issues we all face with them.

would someone PLEASE get a new keyboard for Blackout - or teach him how to type?????

Well I have to agree with you ALL, I got seabond today for the first time. I never use that goo stuff - my uppers fit snugly - but my lowers got filed to fit over my gums WAY too early - 2 weeks after extraction while my gums were still swollen, and I haven't been able to bear them in my mouth since. They move, they float, they pop up, and if I try to bite something they tip forward, so I thought I'd give Seabond a try. Wow! First time I've been able to stand my lowers in my mouth for more than a few minutes - did over 4 hours today!
:yay:
However, it doesn't seem to me that they actually STICK to the gum (thank goodness, when I started gagging after 4 hours I suddenly had a panic attack that I wouldn't be able to get them out, but they slipped out immediately!) but they sort of close around the gum to make them fit snugly and not move around. Essential for lowers, in my opinion.

Just a word of caution that has been mentioned in this string - be careful to trim them very well, because in a few places I hadn't trimmed mine back far enough and the slight overhang really bothered me - my tongue kept finding it and wanting to chew it up, and bits of fried rice (yes, I actually ATE with my lowers in, first time!) got stuck to it.

Other than that, I say GO FOR IT - best thing since sliced bread!!!!!!! :jump:

hey 1962 man so like you the next Billy Mays of Dentures lol thanks for the advise

My denture is pretty small too. There's not that much wasted when I trim the Seabond - about a tenth of the wafer maybe...

I suppose if I save up those 'tenths' I could ask my wife to sew them together (she's a pretty good seamstress) so I can have an extra wafer! Now THAT would be cheapskate behaviour!!! ;D;D;D

<thinks> But what could she use as thread?

<thinks again>
DENTAL FLOSS!!! Of course!!! ;D;D;D

Serious-ish comment: I'm still using the Seabond and it's still as good as when I first started using it. Still the best in my humble opinion. :)

thanks for the info. I have immediate dentures after my full dental extraction operation 2 days ago.

im going to try seabond so fingers crossed.

thanks again

I just got my Permanent Dentures in December and my lowers are not very friendly at the moment....I was thinking of trying SeaBond to see if that would help my lowers...Glad I found this thread....I am going to get some for my lowers...My uppers fit like a glove with no adhesive so they are not a problem....Thank you for letting me :jump:know of the benefits of SeaBond !!!