• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Is going to the dentist better in the Morning or the Afternoon

K

karen445

Former Member
I prefer the mornings just so you can be done with it.
What do you prefer?

I prefer mornings otherwise I worry and panic all day. However, if you're worried about gagging (like me) you're more likely to gag and/or feel nauseous in the morning. I don't know why exactly but a nurse told me this a while back.

I am a mornings person as well. Going in the morning gets it over with and suits fitting appointments with going to work.

I am a mornings person as well. Going in the morning gets it over with and suits fitting appointments with going to work.

Same here, first thing in the morning fitted around work so much better. Though I'm no longer employed, I still keep the habit.

John

I much prefer late afternoon so that I can leave work early and not have to face anyone afterwards.

i prefer afternoons so i don't have to rush to get to the dentist (my dentist is around a two hour trip from where i live!). my dentist only treats patients in the mornings though, so all my appointments are at 9am and mean very early wake-ups for me (not that i'd have got any sleep the night before the dentist anyway!).

I think it's all a matter of what you are more comfortable with.

I'm not a morning person at all, but I prefer morning appointments because I can go ahead and get it out of the way. I know if I had an afternoon one I'd spend the whole day worrying about it versus just waking up and having to leave right away which doesn't leave me as much worrying time.

I much prefer late afternoon so that I can leave work early and not have to face anyone afterwards.

i have to go with robotguy i perfer afternoon i like night time

I would rather go in the afternoon but they did not have a slot so i went 11.30am yesterday.

Dave.

well i had a 9 am appointment today. Woke up at 8 i was really nervous when i walked there. Have to go back next wednesday at 10 am.

Mind you if I was having a general Anaesthetic I would rather get it done in the Morning.

Dave.:thumbsup:

Mind you if I was having a general Anaesthetic I would rather get it done in the Morning.

Dave.:thumbsup:

I was offered a General, I'd have it anytime, anywhere!!!

If it's a workday, I prefer afternoons so I can go home straight afterwards. If I'm not working that day I prefer mornings so it's out of the way.

I prefer mornings becaues like others its gets it over and done with!!!!

I am lucky because as a housewife I can choose my times in the mornings
but before when i worked I would always take the day off for any procedure because I would be a nervous wreck befor and shattered afterwords and know in my heart of hearts I could not have gone back and done my job because i was always that drained - its all the adrenaline surging through your body before hand always made me sleepy afterwords

Was I annoyed that I had to take time off yes coz I used to watch non phobics coming in after getting filling etc and being fine but I had to be honest and say thats not me.

Mind u my appointments in the latter were mornings because i let things get to the stage it had to be emergency appointments!!!!:whistle::whistle:

As difficult as it is to wait it out a bit in the day, I think I prefer afternoons and most times I have no choice.

Stress Doc is in a time zone three hours behind me, even though he would if I asked him, getting up before 5am and getting on line for a dentist appointment/hypnosis session with me may be asking a bit much.

Now I'm driving 2 1/2 hours to my dentist, prefer not too early.

I like my morning coffee, so if i have a sedation appointment I want the caffeine out of my system.

There's an excpetion to everything: If I'm having an extraction or when it's implant time- the earlier the better- I'm getting a GA.

Back