• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

tooth extraction

1. F

Laughing Gas & Tooth Extraction?

Has anyone ever had laughing gas with tooth extraction? I have a really big dentist fear. I've been putting this off for 8+ years. My appointment is on the 9th, (2 days away) I have to have 7 teeth pulled, I'm really scared & not sure if I'm going to be able to do this or not. If anyone has...
  2. F

Just had tooth extracted - advice please

Hi I just had my tooth extracted an hour ago. I was really stressed about it and have put it off for a year! It was really easy and over very quickly! My question now is that I am still very numb in my mouth but I am already feeling pain even although the numbing hasn’t worn off. It’s not severe...
  3. S

VERY anxious about a tooth extraction.

I’m 16, i’ve always had severe dental anxiety. i don’t like anyone by my mouth. that being said, a few months ago i got the courage to go for a check up, they told me i need a tooth pulled and a root canal. at first the only tooth that really hurt was the root canal one, so my mom set up and...
  4. B

Blood clot fallen out, day 3

I’ve gotten one of my lower teeth extracted which was already infected. (About three away from my front teeth) I was on medication for weeks to clear it up and despite being in pain my dentist decided to remove it on Thursday at 7:00AM. The procedure went fine and I made sure to get a blood...
  5. B

Tooth Abscess not healing

Hi, I’m 25 and have recently come into some dental problems. My teeth are self admittedly not in the best shape. I’m adamanet about brushing but because of a passed on phobia from my mom, I hadn’t been to the dentist in 20 years. Anyway, I had excruciating pain in one of my teeth that I know...
  6. P

New and Scared

Hi, I really don't know how to start this off... I guess I'll tell a bit of my background before diving in to my issue. In advance, sorry for the length. I'm a twenty-six year old female with server dental anxiety (I had to take ativan just to go for a check up). About ten years ago I had a...
  7. P

Dry Socket

Hi all. I had my third (?) molar removed on Friday morning and I am worried about having dry socket. I have pain in the adjacent teeth (apparently that’s normal as they’re shifting and wobble due to support loss). But the socket is worrying me. It’s got some white and black looking thing...
  8. S

Need to get back molar removed and freaking out

My dentist has recommended me to an oral surgeon, I have already had my wisdom teeth out but one of my very back molars (on the bottom left side) is beyond repair and needs to be removed by an oral surgeon. According to my dentist, I have more than a couple nerves wrapped around that tooth and...
  9. N

Worried i have an infection

Hi everyone, So i had an abscessed tooth that i left for around a year as i was so scared to get it treated. Well on Friday i overcame my fears and got it treated, but as it had already been root canaled years ago, the tooth had unfortunately failed and i had to get it extracted. Since the...
  10. P

Tooth Extraction Site

I had one of my molars removed on Tuesday morning, it is now Friday afternoon. My site clotted and turned white with the granulation tissue and the 2nd/3rd day. I have been doing my salt water rinses and brushing after every meal and snack, drinking only water. But now I look at my site and it...
  11. P

Tooth Extraction Help

Hi, new here... I had my tooth extracted yesterday morning (Tuesday) cause my tooth broke after eating at hard toffee :scared:. I have done what the Dentist said and only brushed one side of my mouth that night and avoided the extraction site. I was not feeling that hungry yesterday so I only...
  12. T

Post-Extraction Healing Progress and Dry Socket Worries

Hello there. I had to have my bottom right 2nd molar extracted last Wednesday morning and I've been worrying to no end about possible dry socket. It has been approximately 80 hours since the extraction was done and it went fairly smoothly from what I can tell. The tooth was taken out in pieces...
  13. K

Is this normal?

I've had a week of stress and utter panic. Last week my cheek swelled to over double the size! Got an emergency dentist appointment after going to the GP as I thought it was sinus problem as no teeth were hurting. So balling my eyes out and shaking like a leaf went for an emergency dentist...
  14. C

Pus Drainage Anxious please advise!!!

Hi so a week ago I started tasting something odd in my saliva and realized I was pussing from an infected tooth. I went to a dentist and he prescribed me amoxicillin 500mg 4x a day. Then I immediately scheduled a tooth extraction for that following Monday. The dosage of the antibiotics killed...
  15. K

Solid foods after tooth extraction? And Halloween

Hello! I'm new here and only 15, my first time at the dentist was 3 weeks ago and just yesterday at 1:20 (the thingy ended around 230) I got an old gross tooth removed I think it was a root canal but they didn't put anything in the gum hole it's just suppose to heal and they stitched it up...
  16. A

What is this hard scab-like thing in my tooth extraction site?

So about three weeks ago I had two upper molars that were pushed onto the roof of my mouth extracted, and since yesterday there's been this hard thing in one of the sites, it kinda feels like a piece of apple skin and it's white but I haven't eaten anything with this kind of texture. I don't...
  17. E

Alcohol after tooth extraction

So I had a lower molar removed and I was wondering I have my 21st a week away from now (had it removed yesterday) I know people are going to want to get me drunk.. so I was just wondering is alchol consumption okay after a week?
  18. A

Tooth extracted infection ?

After my tooth extraction , I'm on day 4, it still hurts, mild ear pain as well. When I got my 3 wisdom teeth out it was healed by day 3. I called dentist and he said its normal but idkkk it doesn't feel right take a look
  19. H

Tooth getting pulled!

Okay, so I'm a high schooler and I'm getting my first tooth pulled. It is number 15 (The tooth on the upper jaw right in front of where my wisdom teeth will grow) Anyway, I'm extremely nervous about this. Novacaine doesn't always numb me, even after multiple shots. I can use an anesthetic, but...
  20. S

In total panic!!!! Losing 4 teeth and needing partials!

I have been afraid of the dentist for as long as I can remember! I had one dentist that was amazing when I was younger and when he moved outta state I had a string of bad experiences the last one resulting in a 7 year period of refusing to go to a dentist again! See I had gone in for a...
Back