• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

missing teeth

1. M

Finally found a dentist that I thought I could trust but now I don’t know

I have about nine missing teeth I can’t afford to replace because of a previous dentist who was unethical and lied about the condition of my teeth because it was easier to pull them. I am terrified of the dentist. Even when I floss my teeth it makes me sick to my stomach. I am doing my best to...
  2. A

Ashamed of teeth

Hi there everyone, I am looking for some similar experiences and success stories. I am 37 years old and scared of the dentist, I have not visited for around 12 years and that was only an emergency appointment for toothache, I didn’t follow up after. 3 pregnancies have already taken their toll...
  3. S

25y/o aspie female with rotten/missing teeth.

Hey everyone, I am in need of support to deal with my shame that has prevented me from doing something about my teeth for years. I want to share some stuff about myself, how I let my teeth get bad and what drove me to let them stay bad for this long- So a big part of what started me with...
  4. J

Anyone living without bottom molars?

I am new to the group, so this may be in the wrong area. I am trying to find others out there who have managed without any molars, or missing molars. Yesterday I had my last lower bottom left side molar extracted. In a few weeks I am going to get my last lower right side molar extracted as...
  5. D

am i too young to get partial denture? vs implants? - 26 y/o

Hi All, I have taken great care of my teeth my whole life, and they have been fine. unfortunately, about 2 weeks ago, I was on a short bike ride and came of my bike landing on my face, 1x broken arm, lacerations to my face, and... 3 severely damaged front teeth. I have seen several dentists...
  6. S

Scared

I recently made an appointment at my local Dentist - haven't been in 3 years and missed numeours appointments before then as well. During the appointment I was advised I would require two root canals and a filling. We then spoke about valplast dentures to cover my missing spaces and whitening...
Back