• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

partials

1. L

Having 14 teeth removed on Friday need advice please!

Hi! I’m getting 14 teeth removed. The top 4 and bottom 4. And 3 on each side. My doctor is doing my extractions on Friday. And I did my mold to get an immediate partial. I work in the public, how long does it take for the swelling to go down and will I be in a lot of pain? I’ve been making up...
  2. J

Anyone living without bottom molars?

I am new to the group, so this may be in the wrong area. I am trying to find others out there who have managed without any molars, or missing molars. Yesterday I had my last lower bottom left side molar extracted. In a few weeks I am going to get my last lower right side molar extracted as...
  3. A

24 and getting partials

so..im new to this site. I found out today that i have to get many teeth pulled, and the dentist said i have to get a partial upper and a partial lower, both in the back. Before today, i had not been to the dentist since i was 9 years old.Because of my mothers extreme anxiety, and as an adult...
  4. P

afraid to make a decision about partials

I have put this decision off 4 years, but now all my back teeth are gone so I have to do something. I have been to 4 different dentists in the past 3 years; have been told 3 different stories. Part of this is my phobia; part is the fact that I just don't know what to do/who to believe. My...
  5. H

Has anyone noticed your partial(s)?

Hello, I am a new member here. I just joined yesterday although I have been reading this forum since last Tuesday after my consult with an amazing dentist (I finally found one!) I will tell you a little of my back story and then get on with my burning questions. I am a 26 year old mother...
  6. L

Anyone Without Their Back Teeth?

I simply cannot afford root canals, so I am having all of my back teeth removed (the back six on top and the back six on the bottom. This does not include wisodm teeth, as they were removed years ago). My dentist wants me to get partial dentures, but I would rather see how I do without them. Is...
  7. L

37 and scared to get partials

I just got back from a holistic dentist and it was recommended that I have all of my root canals pulled. 5 on top and 2 on the bottom. My teeth are such a mess. I will do anything to be healthier and have a healthy mouth but the thought of partials is terrifying to me. I feel like I will...
Back