• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

molar extraction

1. S

Tooth extraction in a week

Just looking for some support. I am getting a bottom molar removed in a week with just local anesthetic. It is broken below the gum line so needs to be removed. I am very very anxious about the injections, particularly the nerve block. I am so afraid it will be very painful.
  2. S

Molar extraction clove packing falling out - HELP

Hi, I had my second right lower molar removed on Friday (it’s now Tuesday) and rather than letting a clot form the dentist packed it with clove dressing. It was a tricky extraction that took an hour and lots of pain so think it may have stopped bleeding by the time they finished. Now it has...
  3. I

11 extractions if not more!!

I have not been to the dentist in 5 years and my teeth have suffered for it. Finally bit the bullet as I could not deal with the throbbing any more and it’s not good news. I have very limited funds so cannot afford crowns or bridges which rules out root canals (even with the funds I could...
  4. T

Molar Extraction in 2 days time and I’m scared

I’m 20 this year and over years of lacking dental hygiene because I was dumb and young, my teeth are now yellow and ugly. It has taken a huge toll on my self-esteem so I finally hauled my ass to the dentist just earlier today and I was told that my second upper left molar has decayed and cannot...
  5. I

Tooth #19 extracted

I got my first molar extracted last week and I noticed I got bone showing in the hole and I can’t drink anything cold because it starts to hurt really bad is this normal to feel? This is my first tooth extraction ever as well.. any help/info is welcome
  6. S

Need to get back molar removed and freaking out

My dentist has recommended me to an oral surgeon, I have already had my wisdom teeth out but one of my very back molars (on the bottom left side) is beyond repair and needs to be removed by an oral surgeon. According to my dentist, I have more than a couple nerves wrapped around that tooth and...
  7. J

root canalled molar extraction

Hi, I have attached my tooth # 14. It has a 11 years old root canal. And a 2 years old crown on it. It started to be sore once in a while after a crown put on it 2 years ago. And then 2 months ago another crown was put on my lower molar that touches tooth number 14. The new crown was high and...
  8. A

12 year molar removing

I am getting my left 12 year molar removed because for some reason (it's a mystery) the tooth decayed before it even came up. Because of this, there is no layer of the tooth that protects it from hurting. So, I have a constant throbbing in my back bottom gums. Because of this, I'm getting it...
  9. G

Pain after extraction!!

Hi there. I am new to this forum. I was hoping for some advice :) Last week my mouth started to hurt on at the bottom in the back. I started to swell just a little and the pain was starting to get noticeable. I called my dentist right away. He is an awesome guy and a friend. He immediately put...
  10. S

I did it! Molar extraction with iv sedation

I should start by saying thank you to every that has posted their success stories! I spent hours on this site days before my surgery, and reading everything did help quite a bit. I had my molar out yesterday morning and I'm swollen but not too sore! So happy it's over with :) So I'm a huge baby...
  11. H

Long scary story, Id appreciate advice...

I'm going to try and simplify this long story as much as possible so I can get advice as soon as possible. I was about 7 years old when I had last seen a dentist. I am 31 now. I do not brush my teeth with tooth paste nor use mouth wash. (I believe they do more damage than good.) I do however...
  12. N

Getting Molar Extraction, Scared To Death...

Err, hi... ..I've had a fear over dentists my entire life.. I've had surgeries done for my teeth when I was little, and it was horrible. They ignored my fear and just kept 'pushing' me into everything. The nurse who was supposed to keep an eye on me afterwards was (excuse the language) a total...
  13. H

molar tooth

Had a molar tooth taken out 4 days ago my right side of my mouth is still fat im getting worried that its not healing I can eat but im irradiated with it I dont have pain with the other 2 I took a total of 3 out that day how do I get the swelling down? I did cold on it but it has not gone down...
  14. A

The right dentist makes all the difference, but some added personal touches helped.

The right dentist makes all the difference, but some added personal touches helped. At last, I had my bottom molar extracted today, after rescheduling the appointment 4 times. Those other days seemed wrong. This date seemed right. What can I tell you? But there was other medical ick going...
Back