• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

extraction

1. R

7 days post extraction

Hi! Last week I got a far back molar removed after developing a severe abscess from a cracked tooth (I have bruxism) Pain isn’t too bad but I now have small pieces of bone sticking out of my gum, they’re quite painful. The dentist also filled the socket with alvogly, theirs still plenty left...
  2. S

Tooth extraction in a week

Just looking for some support. I am getting a bottom molar removed in a week with just local anesthetic. It is broken below the gum line so needs to be removed. I am very very anxious about the injections, particularly the nerve block. I am so afraid it will be very painful.
  3. M

IV Sedation Journey

Hello all, I’ve posted on here quite a few times and here I am again 😰 on Thursday at 11am I will be undergoing iv sedation for a molar extraction/bone graft and 5 fillings on my right side. To say I am nervous is an understatement. I have put off dental treatment for years and ended up with...
  4. A

Tooth extraction with minimal epi

I have a mitral valve prolapse with moderate regurgitation. I get palpitations and they do seem to get set off if I have an adrenaline rush making me feel light headed. I am getting a bottom molar (18) extracted and have requested to use minimal epi in the lidocaine (as minimal as needed). Will...
  5. A

What does bottom molar dental injection feel like?

I am terrified of needles! I have gotten all of my fillings done without anesthesia due to this. I had one upper tooth extracted 3 years ago with no pain from the injections, but now I need a bottom molar extracted and I am so scared for the nerve block. I have heard horror stories about how...
  6. A

Do the IV Sedation for the love of all things!

I posted a couple times here about my appointment and it came to pass yesterday! A whole year of putting off the inevitable. Sitting in the chair THREE time at three different appointments to get it dealt with but bailing every time before they laid me back. Finally I opted for Midazolam IV...
  7. A

Here I go for extraction…follow my journey?

Tomorrow I have an appointment at noon to have my back molar extracted. I was told in JANUARY 2023 that I would need a root canal. I put it off and even set 3 appointments and was sitting in the chair and bailed each time. After 3 rounds of antibiotics this year, it’s past the point of no...
  8. A

Anxious about lower 2nd molar extraction and injection

I am getting one of my second molars removed. I am extremely nervous about the needle and injection of local anesthetic. I’ve never had it for bottom teeth before and I have heard the traditional anesthesia given is the IANF block. I’ve heard this is very painful. I haven’t felt any pain for...
  9. A

Molar Extraction coming up using midazolam! How is your experience with it?

I am very anxious for my appointment. I’ve bailed on so many root canals it’s time to get this puppy extracted 😩 The only way I can do it is to be sedated. My dentist will use midazolam and I am terrified of it! I hate feeling out of control and worried it will make it worse not better. I...
  10. M

Dental Phobia - Iv Sedation

Hello all, I have developed pretty extensive dental phobia over the years to having my lower jaw numb. So much so it has caused me to avoid the dentist all together unless it’s an emergency…and of course, it’s an emergency now 😭 I have a lower molar with a large filling that last week become...
  11. M

Pain in tooth next to extraction

I had my first molar extracted exactly 10 days ago. This tooth and the tooth behind it (second molar) were root canalled. Since the extraction the second molar has been in a lot of pain! Is this just due to trauma in the area? It was a very difficult extraction and ended up needing to be...
  12. M

Help, toddler first molar removal, so sad :(

Hi lovely people, Hope you can help ease my anxiety. My son's first molar is scheduled to be removed :( He is almost 4 years old, I am devastated and feel guilty about this for a while now. We brushed his teeth but perhaps not well enough when he was a baby/early toddler as he was breastfed...
  13. badluckbek

First success in a long time

Hello friends! I am a young adult with very terrible dental fears. They began in childhood, when I was in the chair about once a week for sometimes months at a time. I've never had good hygiene practices and it has long been a struggle to care for my teeth. Over the years I've had 3 teeth...
  14. M

Successful extraction + bone graft + implant (local anesthesia + valium)

(33M, located in the US, non-smoker, non-drinker.) Back story: due to Covid, I skipped going to the dentist for over 2 years, before going to the dentist last July due to pain when eating. My dentist made me extract all 4 wisdom teeth, but that was already too late to save one of the 2nd molars...
  15. brennuhhh

going after 14 years

this may be pretty long. i haven’t been to the dentist since i was 9. im 23 now and obviously i have some issues but recently i had tooth pain for days that drove me to make an emergency appt. i went to the appointment and had to get two teeth pulled (top and bottom right molars), which was...
  16. M

Suspicious of dentists

Hi, this is my first time posting here. I first went to a dentist that had no regard of my pain or fears, and even left cavities in my mouth after he claimed there were none. (I only found out because the hygenist told my mother and I.) It got to the point that after my root canals at that...
  17. D

6 weeks after extraction

I’m so glad I found this forum as I like many of you struggle with dental fears. Here’s my story that I need advice from….. 6 weeks ago I had a tooth extracted which was a difficult extraction and a few days after I developed dry socket and an infection. The whole is still not completely closed...
  18. A

Trying Not To Panic But Am Very Worried Post Extraction

Really hoping a dentist can put my fears to rest here so I can focus on just healing up. I had extractions (and some fillings done) on Tuesday, under general anaesthesia. It seems like I’m healing up okay but I’m concerned over a couple of things and I just need to know if I should be. 1) I...
  19. M

Getting multiple extraction and multiple bone graphs

I’m so nervous . I’m a ball of nervous . My appointment is in 4 days. I’m getting 7 total teeth out including my 4 wisdom tooth, also 5 bone graph. I’m terrified as hell. I’ve never been put under iv sedation before . I don’t know what’s it like . Feeling like I’m counting down to my death day...
  20. D

Absolutely TERRIFIED of removing wisdom teeth

Hi all, As the title suggests, I am literally terrified to get my wisdom teeth out. My oral surgeon seems nice, he's definitely a bit older and said he had seen hundreds of cases like mine. However, I'm still terrified. I've never even so much as sprained an ankle or broken a bone, let alone...
Back