• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

implants

1. N

New dental implants- metal showing?? I'm freaking out!!

About a week ago, I got full, All on 4 dental implants. This cost me a LOT of money (cost was significantly more than any car I've ever owned COMBINED) It was also a semi big procedure for me as I have two very small children, one of whom is still breast feeding, that I am the sole caregiver...
  2. T

Do you need CBCT imaging before dental implant surgery?

I'm nervous after finding out that my dentist isn't doing CBCT imaging before my implant surgery (for 2 top teeth). I won't be able to find out until the day of the appointment if they're doing an X-Ray instead, or not doing imaging at all. The appointment also involves bone grafts and sinus...
  3. P

Do I need a periodontal surgery before they pull all my teeth out and place implants?

According to my dentist, I had a medium periodontal disease that required attention 2 years ago. I barely have any salvageable teeth left on top. My smile is embarrassing. I know that if I want to keep my existing teeth, I must have a periodontal surgery. What if I pull all my teeth out just on...
  4. Shewhodraws

19 years old and depressed about my teeth

My parents never really bothered teaching me about dental health, and for 14 years I didn’t really brush or take care of my teeth. I ended up having a root canal at 14 and a crown fitted, the crown was causing issues and they had to extract it and place an implant three days ago. I need 4...
  5. M

Large job, terrified!

Hi All So next week, due to avoiding the dentist for many years, I am having my entire top jaw of teeth removed, bone levelled and implants fitted. I am having IV sedation and after all the work is done I know that it will change my smile and my life for the better. My dentist and anaesthetist...
  6. L

4 Inplants While Awake TODAY. ? Scared.

Hi all, Today at 3 pm I am having 4 lower molars pulled and two implant bridges placed. To say I am scared is an understatement. I have a bad dental phobia despite having tons of dental work done. I have also had an implant placed before but never this many at once. My stomach is in knots I am...
  7. M

Sinus lift with implant tomorrow! Panicking!!

Hi Everyone! I am losing tooth #15 tomorrow, and the oral surgeon is going to be doing a sinus lift and hopefully get an implant in there. I have done some research on the procedure and seen the photographs. I am really worried now because I have a very small mouth. To give an idea of how...
  8. H

Smile Dental Services Clinic Bulgaria

Has anyone used the implant dentist in Sofia (Bulgaria) called Smile Dental Services Clinic I'm thinking of going, I'm in the uk I've got a mega fear of dentists, but I've got to do something And this seems to be all over in a week when you get there. I am absolutely petrified. And it's 7.5k...
  9. J

AFRAID! Dental Implants, lower VS upper???

Last December I had all of my teeth extracted (about 24 all together). Last May I had 3 implants put in my lower mouth. So now in 2 days (the 12th) I am going to get 6 implants put in my upper mouth. I am already having a lot of anxiety because I am not sure what to expect. My extractions were...
  10. S

Can I plan ahead - fear of unknown. Need a sense of control back.

Hi I have lots of anxiety around dental work and my teeth and have successfully managed my anxiety to attend regular appts with my dentist and hygienist for the past 10 years. My hygiene is as good as it could be but the restorations are another story. The thing is I am coming towards the...
  11. L

Anesthetic Awareness and Nerve Damage/Dental Implants

I had surgery 11 days ago to replace two lower molars. I received conscious sedation and freezing. I was told I would not remember any of the surgery. During the surgery I felt extreme pain. I cried out and raised my arm multiple times. The dental surgeon asked if it was near the front on...
  12. F

20-year dental drop-out to full implants...why did I agree to this?

I'm K, a 32-year-old dentalphobe living in the SF Bay Area. I have always had problems going to the dentist - even from the time I was 5 or 6, I would gag horribly, even with the tiniest instruments/cleaning trays. In my case it's genetic; my dad gags as badly as I do. Unfortunately I also...
  13. Z

Dental implants v. Bridge

Hello, I am a 48 year old male, as I am need of a second opinion and I am need of full mouth restoration, 98% in implant; as I was advised by my Dentist that its recommend to get the bottom front teeth, bridged/crowned than implanted, as the bottom teeth are still good. She also said that having...
  14. M

What Questions should we ask before deciding to get implants?

Wow, looks like I haven't visited since 2014! I think that shows things are going pretty well for me. I have a mouthful of crowns, and I don't know how many root canals, but no extractions yet, fortunately (except the wizzies). However, my husband had one of his teeth extracted a while ago...
  15. J

Sneezing after dental implants

I was in good health before going in for dental implants. Right after the surgery i started sneezing uncontrollably. Surgeon says that is no a common side effect. It is 18hrs later and still experiencing severe symptoms. How long should these last and what could it be? Any help would be...
  16. R

Flossing with dental implants?

Is it necessary to floss when you have dental implants? What are other measures to maintain dental implants?
  17. M

What is the recovery process like after a bone graft/sinus lift for implants?

What is the recovery process like after a bone graft/sinus lift for implants? Hey everyone, Now that I am finally old enough (17) to begin the dental implant process I have my bone graft/sinus lift surgery set for next month. I'm just concerned with how long it will take for any swelling...
  18. V

Absolutely TERRIFIED of getting flipper due to exaggerated gagging

I went to the dentist when I was 12 and had the most horrific experience of my life. I have a really bad gagging reflex and the dentist always told me I was the most uncooperative patient he ever had. After that, I couldn't go back to a dentist. 12 years later I decided enough was enough and I...
  19. N

Full dentures or implants?

Hi all. I'm looking for some advice. Basically my entire life I have had nothing but problems with my teeth (my dentist says it seems to be a genetic issue), they have been the bane of my existence. I got them all assessed and the estimated bill to fix all problems came back between...
  20. T

Implant dentures - Fixed v Removable

What are the pros and cons - fixed v removable? Apart fro the obvious (ie cost), what about food getting in or under, maintenance, etc :confused:
Back