• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

root extraction

1. L

Four crown bridge came out need #7,#8,and #10 extracted

Lost 4 crown bridge. #7-#10. Have no upper front teeth for Christmas. Fitted for a partial today. Do extractions tomorrow. However, I am very nervous about having the "little parts" of what are left of #7,#8, and #10 extracted. Do I need IV sedation? Do I have to get teeth extracted now...
  2. F

OK to leave root in tooth that fell out?

I had a root canal on a lateral incisor over ten years ago. Never had a problem with it until a few months ago it loosened after biting on stale bread, then fell out last week. It came out intact and clean but went to dentist who wants to remove the upper part of the root that is still in the...
  3. S

I did it! Two root extractions on opposite upper sides... (LONG)

Hi everyone :) I spent the whole of last week leading up to my two root extractions reading everything I could on this site looking for reassurance that all would be well. I definitely have some kind of dental phobia and up until the last few years, I'd avoided the dentists for 15 years...
  4. U

Need a root removed but no tooth - eeek

Back in May a crown that I'd had for quite a few years came out. It had been hurting off and on for a few weeks but just came out in my mouth one day when eating my breakfast. I hadn't been to the dentist for 3 years as they kept doing scales every 3 months which I hate and I couldn't face...
Back