• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

help please

1. marialoouisee

Extreme dental phobia

Hi! This is my first time posting in here and I’m just gonna forewarn you that English is not my first language so some spelling mistakes will be made (plus I’m currently pre panic attack lol) (TW: SH AND SUICIDE TALK) I’m 24 years old and I’m unemployed and still live at home with my mum. I...
  2. S

Petrified of Conscious IV Sedation for Impacted Teeth! ADVICE PLEASE

This is my first time here, I've found myself here after weeks of sleepless nights (its 4am as I write this) and panic attacks. I'm 22 and I have severe anxiety which has stopped me getting my 2 impacted wisdom teeth removed. After 2 years of constant infections and pain I have finally done the...
  3. S

Is my dentist doing something wrong!!?

I am a 35yo female and very bad teeth run in my family. I have had probably 5 root canals and 3-4 crowns. I see a very pricy dentist in greater Boston and the staff and dentists (at least my dentist) are amazing in terms of customer service. Unfortunately my teeth keep having issues and now I am...
  4. M

Sensitivity and pain when chewing after 3 new fillings

Hi guys, I am new to this website so bare with me. I went to the dentist around 2 weeks ago and had 3 fillings done. I was told that they were not big nor would they be difficult to fill. 1 of them was in between two of my teeth. 2 fillings were done on the bottom left side and one was done on...
  5. L

Pain all along jawline with tmj/grinding teeth..?

Pain along jawline towards chin with TMJ?Hi! I'm very stressed and anxious at the moment, I have a problem with my jaw joint in that it locks open if I open my mouth too wide. But recently I have been having an achy/itchy feeling all along my jawline on both sides... Even on my chin! I know that...
  6. M

Ghost pain

Hello I am a nervous patient and for the past few months I have a bad pain in an area where I don't have a tooth I am nervous about seeing a dentist because the tooth that was there had literally fell out of my mouth. Please help! :redface:
  7. W

Crown just fell out...... Please help, I'm so upset!

Hello... As I was flossing before bed, one of my perm crowns flew off and landed in the sink, down the drain. I have no way to get it back. The tooth under the crown looks smaller than usual, not sure if that's normal. Is it possible that on Monday my dentist would be able to give me a temp or...
  8. R

Permanent tooth is loose D:

I admit that I have neglected my teeth for a very long time ): but im going to start taking more care of them. <3 anyways, once every few months, my teeth will get VERY tender/Sensitive to the point where i can chew food because its very sore. Afterwards, this one tooth on the top, left side of...
  9. K

1st appointment in 6 years... 23 year old female. Terrified by dentist (Bad experiences)... Help!

1st appointment in 6 years... 23 year old female. Terrified by dentist (Bad experiences)... Help! I am always a big of a tough girl. I have piercings, donate blood regularly, work hard at the gym 6 days a week... but I am scared of the dentist. While reading some of these articles, I actually...
  10. R

Teeth Extraction, help! so scared, terrified! please i need support!

on this Monday, i took my courage and went to see the dentist, thinking it wouldn't be so bad and i thought "i'll take my courage and get the needle, if this will remove my tooth pain"...well, i learned with time to never expect positive or you might be very deceived.! [smiley=ashamed.gif] i'm...
Back