• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

sensitivity

1. D

Tooth sensitivity to heat only - please help

Filling issue, sensitivity? Hi, I had a filling done by my previous dentist. It is probably 3 years old. I have recently noticed that I’ve had sensitivity particularly to heat but it took a while for me to notice - it doesn’t happen if I drink anything or even 95% of the times I eat - but if...
  2. K

Is this temporary crown pain normal?

Hi everyone, This is my first time posting here and I'm SO glad I discovered this forum. Some background: I'm a 29yr old female and I grew up having braces and definitely was not as vigilant as I should have been with flossing and brushing. Most of my teeth have been worked on in some way with...
  3. L

HELP: Sensitivity to chewing after a composite filling

Hello, I desperately need advice, so please read the entire post because the background of the situation is very important. I've recently re-developed my fear of the dentist. I was fearful of the dentist for the first 13 years of my life (panic attacks, crying, etc.), but I was able to overcome...
  4. CottonCandyClouds

Temperature Sensitivity Almost Five Weeks After Filling - Should I be panicking or am I overreacting?

On Mar 2 I got two fillings, the first I've ever had (it was quite embarrassing because I felt like I'd been a bad patient, but my dentist told me my molars are shaped with very deep grooves and I'm much more prone to cavities, despite my efforts) and one of them was much deeper than expected. I...
  5. M

Tooth sensitive to hot

Hey guys, it’s been a while! Since I mustered up all my bravery and went to the dentist after 8 long years, a bad thing has happened. My dentist used to be this lovely, understanding and supportive woman but she left and I got a new dentist. She’s nice but she doesn’t fit me very well. She...
  6. N

Pain after filling

Hi all. I have a long history of dental procedures, unfortunately alot of them are starting to need to be re-done, so I've started the (extremely anxiety filled) journey to get things rectified. I had developed tooth sensitivity to cold (and a little bit to hot) in an upper molar. This last...
  7. A

Fear I may need Root Canal

So I had a filling done November 27 2017 and had issues with bite pressure, hot and cold, and it ended up just needing filed down some cause it was too high. They did an x-ray and everything. Fast forward to now, and I’m still having sensitivity issues with cold and mild sensitivity to hot, but...
  8. C

Pain 7 weeks after filling

Hi everyone. I had four composite fillings done on the same side, on the top, all next to each other. Two of them seem fine, but the other two are still hurting even though its been about 7 weeks. I think the two teeth that are hurting are called 5 and 4, at least that's what it looked like on a...
  9. R

Cavity filling done wrong?

I had a cavity between teeth (due to not enough flossing i guess) and a part of the teeth on either side needed to be removed and filled. This was done in middle of June. I think this might have been done wrong because it's end of October and I'm still experiencing pretty irritating sensitivity...
  10. H

I Did It! But...

I...I made an appointment! But they asked which tooth it was (mainly my upper right molar at the very back, next to where my wisdom tooth used to be), did it hurt (not any longer, but I'm always aware of it and it tingles/numbs? when I touch it with my tongue or eat sugar), and since it wasn't...
  11. H

Scared of What the Problem Could Be

I've had painless throbbing or tenderness, feels like a slight never-ending squeeze on the tooth, in my upper rear molar for a few days now, and before that it seemed random teeth on my left side were throbbing but my rear molars were fine. Sugar doesn't hurt but it does intensify the throbbing...
  12. H

Tooth Sensitivity Refuses to Go!

Two months ago I started feeling pain on my left side rear teeth, a mild throbbing that seemed to move around from one tooth to another, top to bottom, bottom to top, etc. So I went to the dentist and he said that a filling needed to be filed down and I started using Sensodyne along with jaw...
  13. R

Please Read!

So here is my long story as I have many questions: In June, I had two fillings - my bottom right molar and my top right molar. The bottom filling was very large but the top filling was an ordinary procedure. After the work was done, my teeth were fine despite some sensitivity I had in my bottom...
  14. S

help! post filling sensitivity, numbness fracture?

Several weeks ago I went to the Dentist and had several filling done on molars on the lower left side of my mouth. Hours later I was eating some almonds and experienced sharp pain from one of the teeth. The next day also while eating almonds I felt the sharp pain again. As days past I noticed...
  15. B

Sensitivity after tooth grinding/filing:

Hi all. Been dealing with this and it's really stressing me out. Any help would be awesome. My lower right incisor was knocking against the top teeth after my wisdom teeth were removed, so my dentist filed a millimetre off the top. It stung, and kept stinging for a day afterwards, but died...
  16. C

Acute 'electric shock' tooth sensitivity - tooth guard making this worse, or even causing it?

I have recently developed what appears to be an acute sensitivity problem. I have sensitive teeth in a couple of locations in my mouth. They have been sensitive to hot and cold for some years, I'd guess. It tends to be very hot and icy cold and it hurts, as in pain, but it's always been liveable...
  17. J

teeth sensitivity after polishing my fillings

4 days ago i had fillings behind my upper front tooth. i experience pain after the fillings on the first day and the pain go away on the 2nd day. my tongue couldn't get used to the new fillings ( behind my middle front tooth) so i go back to the dentist on the 3rd day and tell her my tongue...
  18. G

Sensitivity after wisdom teeth removal

I'm 17 years old. About a month ago, I had all four of my wisdom teeth removed. Everything went fine except I had some pain for about 3 weeks after, for which I routinely checked in and got fillings. So about 3 weeks later, everything was feeling fine. I continued cleaning the holes in my gums...
  19. J

Root canal after pain?

Hey, I had a root cnanal done about a week and a half ago, i had an absess which has gone a little but the lump still there (im think its draining now). My tooth has become sensitive to chew on. Sometimes its fine and other times its not. I woke up this morning and it was really too sensitive to...
  20. C

Very worried and confused - please help lovely people

Hi everyone, hope you're all well. I suffer from severe anxiety, agoraphobia and panic attacks, so feel really proud of getting myself to 2 dentists about this! I've been having trouble with my bottom right lateral incisor for a while now. I've been to 2 different dentists who have both...
Back