• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

healing

1. L

Barely a bar in my grate 😂😂

Hey everyone I'm new here and recently got 19 teeth out over a 3 day period and a denture put in. Just to put it in context I have a full denture on my top they were removed 5 days go. Then i have managed to keep 4 teeth on the bottom. The two molers at the very back on each side and my...
  2. D

Absolutely TERRIFIED of removing wisdom teeth

Hi all, As the title suggests, I am literally terrified to get my wisdom teeth out. My oral surgeon seems nice, he's definitely a bit older and said he had seen hundreds of cases like mine. However, I'm still terrified. I've never even so much as sprained an ankle or broken a bone, let alone...
  3. M

Delayed healing after extraction

Hi, I'm new on this forum, I'm 38 year old and I just started to take care of my mouth after many years withouth seeing a dentist (my bad, I know). 6 weeks ago my dentist extracted three molars (one of them an upper wisdom tooth and the others two upper and adjacedment molars in the other side...
  4. J

Supplements or vitamins I can take to speed up healing after oral surgery?

Hi there I just had my wisdom teeth taken out I am 26 years old female. I am currently taking fish oil vitamin c and a multi vitamin but I was wondering are there any other supplements that I can take to help speed up the healing process or give my body what it needs? I’m on day 4 and still in...
  5. S

Dental Implants done 3 days ago - terrified of rejection

I had my dental implants done on Friday. 2 in the upper front to hold a bridge of 6 teeth and 1 on each side upper (with sinus lifts). The procedure was traumatic to say the least but the healing has been ‘OK’ until today. I am getting sharp pain through the left front implant, almost like...
  6. S

I had a coronectomy and the wound is not healing?

So, I went to a new dentist when I finally got insurance again after a long gap in coverage. I asked her if I should have my wisdom teeth removed. They've never caused any pain but it is hard to clean behind them. Food gets stuck and it's very gross. She said sure, she would refer me to an oral...
  7. K

Is my extraction site healing normally?

I had my lower left wisdom tooth pulled out on the 19th. Later that day a noticeable clot formed which then disappeared (within the next day). The inside of my cheek was a bit swollen because of stitching and there's this bad taste in my mouth (still slightly there) and a white patch...
  8. B

Extraction Healing Concern

Hi, I just had my very first (and hopefully only) extraction 3 days ago on #2 tooth. I have noticed a significant change in the appearance over the last few days. Although the hole looks smaller today, I can see a white blob now and it is hard to see if the blood clot is below it... and I am...
  9. K

Hi everyone! First time poster. Does everything look good in my mouth?

Had my upper wisdom teeth extracted on 12/21 http://imgur.com/a/xxCb4 Here is the before x-ray http://imgur.com/OzX5KgT just want to chime in here and put some of my fears at ease. Been reading about dry sockets, stitches that fall out, etc. I've been doing salt water rinses religiously...
  10. T

Post-Extraction Healing Progress and Dry Socket Worries

Hello there. I had to have my bottom right 2nd molar extracted last Wednesday morning and I've been worrying to no end about possible dry socket. It has been approximately 80 hours since the extraction was done and it went fairly smoothly from what I can tell. The tooth was taken out in pieces...
  11. T

Tooth extraction three days ago

Hey everyone, I just had a tooth extracted on Monday. I've been doing everything my dentist advised me to do. Ive been eating soft stuff like ice cream, pudding, etc. No hard foods or hot foods. I haven't had any problems except that this morning I did my warm water and salt rinse and a little...
  12. S

Strange tissue/material over extraction site?

Hello there! I was hoping maybe someone here would have some insight into a concern I am having. I had my lower left wisdom tooth out about 12 hours ago. About 6 hours ago, I noticed this strange opaque greyish colored film or tissue over the extraction site. Is this normal? I have been...
  13. P

Paranoid about exteaction site!!! Help!:(

I had my premolar ( bottom) taken out 48hrs ago due to an imfection i had, the bleeding stopped pretty quickly anfdd during the first 24hrs the site apeared redish/blackish. Now however i can only see white / yellow in the site, i cannot see the clot? I have some mild pain, easily controled by...
  14. D

Had my first ever tooth out on the 9/1/15 and I don't know if it's healing or what.

Had my first ever tooth out on the 9/1/15 and I don't know if it's healing or what. Hi, I had my tooth out on the above date, and it was my first one ever out. (wisdom tooth, because I was decayed for over a year while I was travelling out of the UK). I'm not in much pain, although today I did...
  15. S

Is my tooth extraction healing? I think i might have messed it up!

I've never had this done before so i have no clue what to expect. It's about 7 pm and i had the extraction done at 11am earlier today. It was quick and there were no problems. I got home and it bled a lot so i kept messing with the gauze and went through all of the gauze very quickly. And then...
Back