• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

scared

1. S

Intense sensitivity post fillings - what to do next

Hello!!!! Im a F nonsmoking teen who is traumatized from dentistry and I really need some advice Almost 2 weeks ago i went in for one filling and they ended up doing 5. I was already having a panic attack so i just sat through it. I have 13 (now 8) cavities from years of poor hygeine and...
  2. M

New phobia unlocked 😰 Local Anesthesia Toxicity

Hello, I have posted quite a few times as I’m struggling with dental phobia and am going to have IV sedation for a lower molar extraction and having 5 cavities filled (3 upper 2 lower). I have now developed panic regarding the local used. I will be sedated so I am worried if something...
  3. B

After 15 + years.. appt this Thursday. I am scared

Okay.. like the rest our you on this site. I have severe anxiety and phobias of the dentist and severe regret too. I had horrible experiences growing up and was ridiculed by 2 different dentists for my permanent stains on my teeth. They have been stained since I was a child. Braces made them...
  4. M

Getting multiple extraction and multiple bone graphs

I’m so nervous . I’m a ball of nervous . My appointment is in 4 days. I’m getting 7 total teeth out including my 4 wisdom tooth, also 5 bone graph. I’m terrified as hell. I’ve never been put under iv sedation before . I don’t know what’s it like . Feeling like I’m counting down to my death day...
  5. conqueringfears

Root canal retreat in a few hours. Alone and scared.

Hey everyone. I’m sure you’ve seen my threads here. I had a root canal done last month which I was sickly scared over. With much bravery and tears in my eyes, I did it. It’s 10:40PM. I have my root canal retreatment on another tooth at 8AM. It’s just about here already. Last time I had more...
  6. conqueringfears

Scared for appointment today

The day has finally come. I have my endodontist consultation in 2.5 hours. I am so nervous I can't eat. I know I am probably repeating myself at this point but I am so terrified for bad news. I know going into this I have two teeth needing attention: One molar which had a previous root canal...
  7. A

Dental calculus help - Terrified

Hello all. I’m writing because I am so scared I am going to lose my front teeth. I haven’t been to the dentist in 10 years and I will attach a picture here on the front bottom. I appear to have heavy calculus and I can’t get it off. I made a dentist appt because I am aware It is the only way...
  8. S

Too Scared To Go In For Cleaning

After dealing with a painful tooth for over 2 years, I've given up ever finding a dentist who cares to get to the bottom of why I have pain. It's been a year since I've had a cleaning and I know I need to go in but I am terrified to even make an appointment. -I'm scared the new dentist will...
  9. K

Am I a rare case?? am i treatable??

hello readers, i went to my primary doctor today and was given Clindamycin for infection, naproxen for pain/swelling, and some anxiety meds, which i hope will help. if you have read my other posts, i have an odontoma, have had it for 10 years, and am now finally gathering the courage to do...
  10. S

It’s going to be bad, struggling to cope

Hi, I have a dentist and hygienist appointment booked for the 6th September. I’m petrified that they are going to say that my teeth will have to be taken out. Do I have to walk around toothless if that’s the case?! After years of not looking after my teeth and gums, I’m finally ready to put a...
  11. S

Dentist and hygienist booked

Hello, After noticing a slightly wobbly tooth, I decided I needed to book an appointment. The only available appointment is early September so I’ve been anxious ever since booking it and still got a couple of weeks to go. The wobbly tooth will be due to bad gums and I finally want to do...
  12. S

Hygienist next week

Hi, first time posting. Ive finally booked an appointment with the hygienist after many years. I’m extremely anxious about it for many reasons. First reason is that I find the cleaning and going below the gums really painful and uncomfortable. Second and the main reason is that I’m so worried...
  13. L

Scared of wisdom teeth surgery :((

Hi, I need to get all four of my wisdom teeth extracted and I’m extremely anxious about it. I’ve never had surgery before and I’m really scared that something bad is going to happen during or after surgery. Mainly worried about the during. I’m going to need GA and IV sedation, both of which I...
  14. A

How do I overcome the fear?

Hello, im 26 years old and havent been to a dentist in years due to the fear of it I hate any pain to do with my teeth which ironically because I haven’t been in so long Sometimes occurs. I currently have 3 teeth that are damaged (1 chipped, 1 broke and a small hole in one) and I know I need...
  15. D

Terrified of Deep Cleaning

Hi all, new here but happy to have found this forum. I had an appointment with the dentist this morning after about 10 years of not going. They recommended deep cleaning (two different sessions for each side of the mouth), which I'm sure I probably need but it sounds terrifying. They explained...
  16. S

Getting my wisdom teeth out in 2 days....SCARED TO DEATH

I’m absolutely terrified. I have horrible anxiety and have never been put under anesthesia before. I’m getting all 4 removed with IV sedation. They’re also giving me laughing gas before they put the IV in to relax me. They said I can take Valium beforehand to also relax me. I’m scared that all...
  17. T

Really anxious.

Hello. I have this broken tooth bottom right, second from the back. Its recently flared up causing an abcess and I've been in excruciating pain. Went to dentist and was expecting him to give me antibiotics. Put on the spot he said we can take it out now if you want, after 3 hours sleep I was...
  18. S

How screwed am I?

First post so bear with me. I haven’t been to the dentist in approx. two years. Last time I went was an awfully anxious occasion wherein I was recommended a clean but thankfully no work was done. The time before that, however, was an absolute nightmare and has scarred me for life. I had to get...
  19. K

Braces for crowned teeth

I’ve recently had 3 new fillings which caused a MAJOR issue with my TMJs and excruciating pain for the last 3 weeks. My dentist and doctor agree that my bite is very uneven causing lots of stress on my tmjs, which has likely caused such a sudden probable due to having my mouth open fully while...
  20. O

26 extractions at once

Hello! I am getting all of my teeth (26) pulled in a month. I'll be under IV sedation but I am SO SCARED. Can't breathe, chest hurts, scared! Is there anyone who has had multiple teeth pulled that can tell me what to expect. I'm so nervous I'm considering canceling my appointment. Thank you.
Back