• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

crown

1. T

Why did dentist not adjust high crown?

I had a crown fitted by a new NHS dentist in December. Right bottom molar back tooth. They put it in and I could immediately tell it was way too high and told them expecting the dentist to adjust it even a little. They said it would be better if it settled on its own. I asked how long this would...
  2. T

Crowned molar came off issue - need advice

A bottom right molar for which I had a gold crown for over 15+ years came off about 2-3 weeks before Christmas 2023. It was quite damaged so I guessed I would need a new one made. I didn't have a current dentist so scouted a local NHS one and nervously went for my appointment. All my other...
  3. G

Not sure what to expect at my crown appointment?

Hello! I'm feeling really anxious because I'm not sure what to expect tomorrow. So about a year ago I had a root canal. Afterwards, the dentist put a filling of some sort to protect it before I get a crown. To make a long story short, the dentist had no availability for months and in that time...
  4. T

Crown

I had a crown placed November 30th. It was a molar and PFM. No issues or sensitivity what so ever. Earlier I was scraping my tooth with my finger nail and felt like my fingernail could fit in a little space. Also note that when I push my fingernail on a particular spot it’s a little sensitive. I...
  5. T

Bad habits + 8 years without a dentist = extractions, root canals, gum disease, and more!

I've been using my Support thread as a journal, oops. So I'll start one here instead. I'm 32, and I haven't been to the dentist many times in my life. My parents took us maybe once a year when I was a kid. I always had cavities, rude dentists, and a mouth that was impossible to numb, leaving me...
  6. D

crown issues?

Hello, I've had my dental crown since 2019. It is on my #3 tooth. It has always been a little sensitive to extreme cold (like ice water if I swish it around) and I thought this was normal for a porcelain crown. After a little research I've totally freaked myself out, and I can't get into the...
  7. conqueringfears

Laser crown lengthening

Hi all! I had a successful root canal retreatment two weeks ago and tomorrow I am going to get the crown placed. The dentist mentioned that I might have to get a little bit of my gum laser removed for the crown to be able to fit on. Although she is a wonderful dentist, she is not the best at...
  8. E

Extreme fear and don’t know what option to choose

Hello everyone. I’m new here and had some questions. I hadn’t gone to a dentist in over 10 years since I’m very afraid. I also have Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD), pretty severe anxiety and suffer from panic attacks, and struggle with agoraphobia and don’t like to leave my house. Anyway...
  9. GeekMonster

Had my first crown appointment - WHAT was that taste?!

So I had my first (and hopefully only) crown procedure today. I don't want to rant about the procedure itself, I just have a question, and I cannot find an answer anywhere online. While the hygienist was prepping the tooth for the temporary crown, she put something like floss or thread around...
  10. conqueringfears

Filling & Crown tomorrow - ANXIOUS MESS :(

Hello all! I am 6 days post root canal treatment and tomorrow I go in for my crown. My anxiety has been okay this week up until yesterday. My root canal last week was the first time I have had any dental work or medical procedure in 7 years. I know what to expect in some senses, but I am...
  11. S

New crown - expectations?

Evening all. For context, I had my first dental abscess form about a week and a half ago, which turned into my first root canal maybe 5 days ago, and my first crown as of about an hour ago. All of this is on my #30 tooth. I have tremendous paranoia regarding the possibility of the crown...
  12. C

Sjogrens syndrome - dentures or save teeth?

Hi I am in my 50s and unfortunately battle an auto-immune disorder which has taken a toll on my teeth. I am now stuck. I have a horrible time with extractions yet have had several over the past several years. I have 8 teeth left on upper and 4 of them are now bad needing root canals. The dentist...
  13. A

Redness Around Crown

Hi there, I had a crown fitted about two years ago now and immediately noticed that there was a red ring around the bottom like soreness or irritation and it did feel sore too. I had assumed it was because of the trauma fitting a crown and that it would go away. About a month later I went back...
  14. M

Like Lego...

What is the best way you have heard dental treatment described that has put you at ease and reassured. Whether it’s how you would describe it, or, how your dentist or someone else has? For me it was after having crown prep done under IV sedation, I was told I would have to have the temporary...
  15. C

First Crown/Adjustment Period

In April 2020 my tooth suddenly broke. Besides the initial break and this weird jolt throughout my whole body, I had no pain or sensitivity at all.. The process to get the permanent crown was really bad. They couldn't get the temp. off. I felt everything it was really painful. *Note, I didn't...
  16. T

Got a crown, so sad :(

This is the second time I'm writing this since when I was working on this on my phone my battery died, so I'm on my PC. I had braces for 3 years and got them off around 2012 - 2013. At some point later on I got a root canal, and now fast forward to more recently my dentist was recommending a...
  17. K

I’ve learned to get a second opinion!

For about a month I’ve been dealing with intense jaw pain, discomfort with bite, and other pains I couldn’t quite place that have had me taking ibuprofen around the clock, anxiety pills during the day and muscle relaxants at night. It all started after having 3 fillings done at the end of May...
  18. M

Crown fitting

Hi all now my extraction has healed enough i am off to dentist tuesday to have my crown fitted. I am terrified ? i am scared of possibility of needle although i’ve been told by receptionist that it will not be needed. I just wish i’d had the tooth extracted. Please someone give me some hope that...
  19. B

Front teeth crowns feel bulkier than original teeth??

The laboratory that made crowns (e.max) for my two front teeth charged extra for their "aesthetic skills", compared to crowns for other teeth. The whole experience was very frustrating because they never let me have enough time to try them on before cementing then on permanently, I was all...
  20. E

Had all my teeth crowned in one day

I’m 30 years old and have always had the best dental care, but because I didn’t take the best care of my teeth when I had braces, and having the genes of not so great teeth, I somehow ended up here. I tried everything but after I got my first crown about 4 years ago, I ended up having to get...
Back