• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

dentures

1. L

Barely a bar in my grate 😂😂

Hey everyone I'm new here and recently got 19 teeth out over a 3 day period and a denture put in. Just to put it in context I have a full denture on my top they were removed 5 days go. Then i have managed to keep 4 teeth on the bottom. The two molers at the very back on each side and my...
  2. Z

Seeking a second dentist

I recently went to the dentist after over 8 years. My delay was not only due to anxiety but also lack of insurance while self-employed. Anyways, I received what I expected - early stages of periodontal disease, cavitities, partial dentures, and a dental crown. While the bad news was expected, I...
  3. A

Ashamed of teeth

Hi there everyone, I am looking for some similar experiences and success stories. I am 37 years old and scared of the dentist, I have not visited for around 12 years and that was only an emergency appointment for toothache, I didn’t follow up after. 3 pregnancies have already taken their toll...
  4. C

the shame and fear controls my life

Hi, I posted here once in April about how I was struggling with my teeth and I gave myself chemical burns from oregano oil. Well, time has passed and things have gotten worse. My mouth is probably in a state of horror and the severe shame I feel is preventing me from seeking any help. I...
  5. C

Sjogrens syndrome - dentures or save teeth?

Hi I am in my 50s and unfortunately battle an auto-immune disorder which has taken a toll on my teeth. I am now stuck. I have a horrible time with extractions yet have had several over the past several years. I have 8 teeth left on upper and 4 of them are now bad needing root canals. The dentist...
  6. SolarDentures

The winding road to dentures….my journal

Call me Sunny ? I have alway been a happy go lucky kind of person when it comes to everything in life…except my TEETH. My mouth nightmare started early in life, the second my adult teeth showed up…huge teeth in a very small/narrow mouth. The shame had begun. Several crazy painful oral...
  7. S

Dentures at 30 or younger?

In June of last year, I finally summoned up the courage to see a new dentist to go about starting the process in fixing my teeth. As I've said in previous posts, I have numerous abfraction lesions as well as decaying previous dental work that was poorly done from the get-go. The dentist I saw...
  8. H

Terrified - dentures at 28

Apologies in advance, this will be a rant. After a severely neglectful childhood and years of depression and denial, my teeth are horrific. I know I will need dentures and have come to terms with it but I'm so anxious about actually going to the dentist to get things started. I'm so ashamed of...
  9. P

first dentist visit EVER at age 39

I've been lurking on this site since late last year and it's been a HUGE help and I've finally decided to share my "if I can do it you can do it too!" story. My parents NEVER took me to the dentist. My baby teeth rotted, my adult teeth came in severely overcrowded, and I remember my gums...
  10. C

Have to get all top teeth removed

I finally got to a dentist in my network and it's also way cheaper. I have questions. And I'm scared of the great unknown,. 1. Will they remove all at once or leave my front teeth for dignity and eating? 2. I'm not a fan of rx pain killers BUT in this case heck yeah I want Norco...
  11. S

New bottom dentures need advice

I had full mouth extraction the end of March and chose to wait for 10/12 weeks for gums to heal before having fitting of dentures done. Yesterday I left my final appointment with my new dentures. I know it’s very early days but I am finding it very hard to eat even soft food. My dentist gave me...
  12. S

Can I plan ahead - fear of unknown. Need a sense of control back.

Hi I have lots of anxiety around dental work and my teeth and have successfully managed my anxiety to attend regular appts with my dentist and hygienist for the past 10 years. My hygiene is as good as it could be but the restorations are another story. The thing is I am coming towards the...
  13. C

Finally went to dentist since 1991

Shockingly my bottom teeth and gums are in pristine condition save both back molars which are rotted down. All my top need removed and a top denture. And here comes the part most all of us can empathize with. I make $10 an hour, 40 hrs a week. Of course USA dental insurance is stuck in the...
  14. P

Getting Dentures at 23

OK so .... im 23 years old .. female... and im getting dentures... this is going to either change my life for the better or for worse.... i wanna be positive about this though... i havent been able to smile with my teeth in over 8 years. i have been terrified of going to the dentist ever...
  15. M

putting it off for five years

I'm 60year old guy living in Honolulu. My dentist told me , when I was 45, that my teeth would be gone by my mid-fifties, he was right. I've had bad dentists, the latest one never informed me to get caps. The childhood one was a pedophile, used to have me come after hours and would drill good...
  16. L

Scared and anxious

I have nowhere else to turn so I'm hoping to get some encouragement from here. I'm 38 and have horrible teeth due to dental fear and genetics, my moms are horrible too, most are broken down to the gums. I saw a dentist who then referred me to an oral surgeon, saw the surgeon and he told me what...
  17. E

Tomorrow's the day.

Full upper extractions with immediate denture. Years of gum disease allowed to run rampant (I'm 46) have finally come to a head. On Valium right now (the night before), but still pretty freaked out. Just needed to release a little. Wish me luck.
  18. A

Anyone young with dentures? Need advice.

Whelp I'll start off by saying I did a terrible job taking care of my teeth growing up and I can probably count on my hands how many times Ive been to the dentist in the past 23 years. I have soft teeth, had braces twice (which further damaged my teeth due to lack of proper hygiene ), and i have...
  19. T

Denture pain..HELP!!!

I got my dentures awhile ago but just started using what I call 'gooze' to keep them in place. It's been about a week since I started using the gooze and I did have a sore spot the past two days, but that has gone away. Today, I am experiencing general soreness in the entire gum (it's the bottom...
  20. C

Does Anyone Here Have Dentures??

I've decided I need to do something about my dental situation no matter how afraid of I am of THAT. I'm suffering from terrible toothaches, I can't much anymore, I can't do anything cuz of this! I've did a lot of research and decided dentures is the way to go since I can't afford implants at the...
Back