• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

numb

1. _IHateTeeth_

I panic when numb -- I need a root canal. Help!

My Dentist is telling me I need a root canal and I am panicking. It's been the 1 procedure that the thought of has scared me the most, even more than my wisdom teeth removal. Even typing this out my heart is pounding and I feel panicky. I absolutely hate being numbed. Even simple fillings can...
  2. B

Pain while being drilled on, terrified to go back...

I'm 23, female college student, having a lot of dental work done. I just want to get this all out because I can't stand my anxiety anymore. I was not good taking care of my teeth growing up and didn't start flossing until college. My mom doesn't have any teeth and I don't want to blame my...
  3. D

Im VERY scared...please help

Hey. I have a few top teeth that need out. Especially the maxillar tooth on the top right and the tooth ppl call vampire tooth. I am so scared. I feel like im gonna die or something is gonna happen to me when i get that numbing shot. I always think that its gonna stop my heart and the tooth...
  4. P

Anasthetic not working.

Please help. All my life I have never had a dentist who can aneathetize my lower jaw. in the past have suffered such bad pain that i stopped seeing a dentist. now i desparately need work done and have been lucky to find a very nice,understanding dentist. however i have had two visits where she...
Back