• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

general anesthesia

1. S

Wisdom teeth removal tomorrow morning and I'm terrified.

Hi... I get all 4 of my wisdom teeth out tomorrow under GA. I'm 16. I feel like a huge baby but I'm terrified to get an IV, I hate needles more than I hate going to the dentist! I have pretty bad anxiety and it's been causing me to lose sleep... I'm scared of complications and pain, waking up...
  2. S

All 4 teeth out in 2 days under GA... I'm terrified

As the title says I get all 4 of my wisdom teeth out on Thursday and I'm absolutely terrified. I'm 16, considered young to get them out I guess but the dentist insisted I should because they were beginning to cause problems. They're all impacted and cause me a lot of pain that has only seemed...
  3. A

No laughing gas or aka nitrous oxide offered. Will they use something else Before GA ?

No laughing gas or aka nitrous oxide offered. Will they use something else Before GA ? Planning on getting all 4 wisdom teeth out on Thursday. I'm very nervous. After my consultation I remembered the doctor NOT saying anything about laughing gas or really anything given to me before I go to...
  4. B

Wisdom Teeth Out Tomorrow- Trying Hard to stay strong!

Hi everyone. I am getting all four wisdom teeth out tomorrow under general anesthesia. I am 36 years old and the bottom two are about halfway out and the top two are fully out. I know it could be worse, but with my anxiety that logic isn't helping me. I have finally gotten myself back to the...
  5. M

Badly impacted lower wisdom tooth extraction extracted at 36! My experience...

Badly impacted lower wisdom tooth extraction extracted at 36! My experience... Hi! I had a badly impacted lower wisdom tooth extracted under GA yesterday. I am 36. I wanted to share my experience so someone else in my situation can rest easy about wisdom teeth extractions in mid 30s. For...
  6. E

I feel like I'm being forced to undergo general anesthesia

I am having all four of my wisdom teeth removed on Monday. I'm not looking forward to it. Originally, when I went in for my consultation, I didn't mention to the doctor that I didn't want to be put to sleep for the procedure. And of course, that is what he recommended. Instead of saying...
  7. N

I need 3 retained roots removing under GA and absolutely terrified! Please help

I need 3 retained roots removing under GA and absolutely terrified! Please help Hi, I'm a 22 year old female with a crippling fear of dentists,needles,hospitals,anasthetic you name it......the list goes on, I have anxiety issues in general and know that I tend to over think things and make...
  8. Y

White Coat Syndrome/Blood Pressure/Oral Surgery

I have an upcoming procedure scheduled for a week from today...the plan is to remove two molars (one on each side of my mouth/both upper & lower). I had a consultation today and was given paperwork that said I would be under "deep sleep sedation". I was told to prepare to have an IV put in. I...
  9. K

To scared to go back *sedation*

​So today I went to get 4 wisdom teeth out under sedation. i have had an appointment with the team who would be sedating and extracting my teeth, at this time the sedationist said I was a little over weight (I'm 5'7 and 115kg female, non smoker or drinker) he expressed some concerns about "how...
  10. H

Less than 24 hours :(

I'm freaking out. All 4 wisdom teeth are being extracted tomorrow morning at 11:30am. I've been slowly freaking out over the past few days/weeks at the thought of it, but now that it's crunch time, it's really sinking in that by this time tomorrow the teeth will be out. I hate the feeling that...
  11. H

Major Anxiety Over Wisdom Teeth Removal

Hi all. I have an appointment for July 6 to get all 4 wisdom teeth removed. The oral surgeon said they looked "easy" to remove and that the procedure itself should only take about 30 minutes. Why are 30 minutes of my life so unbelievably terrifying?? I am sitting here and just thinking about...
  12. T

Wisdom Teeth- That was EASY!

So i got my wisdom teeth out TODAY and for the past 2 months I had been stressing, mainly because of General Anesthesia (i really though I could have died). I had a valium before I went in and i was relaxing and happy. They put the needle in and the anesthesiologist was impressed I didn't flinch...
  13. Camisa

Question about leaving impacted wisdom teeth in

My fiance is 27 years old. He has some crowding in his teeth and his oral surgeon told him that his upper wisdom teeth (which should have been removed long ago) grew long roots that are basically inside his sinuses (almost the whole tooth is inside his sinuses) and that he would require a two...
Back