• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

wisdom teeth

1. A

squeaking?

hi, i have had my wisdom teeth coming in for a couple of months and i noticed yesterday that my partially erupted wisdom tooth and the tooth in front of it (i think?) make a squeaking noise? not my jaw, the actual teeth. do you think they could be rubbing together or something? is it harmless...
  2. M

haven’t been to dentist in around ten years and now wisdom teeth seem to be coming in

hi everyone !! i’m 19 years old and i haven’t been to the dentist in probably around ten years:( last time i was supposed to go i had a panic attack and my mum canceelled it, since then no one has tried to get me another appointment. as a kid this was obviously a huge relief but now i regret it...
  3. K

Impacted wisdom teeth

I had my wisdom teeth removed on Friday morning under IV sedation. This site helped ease some of my fears so I hope this will help someone! I am soooo afraid of going to any type of dr that I was neglecting myself. I had two impacted lower wisdom teeth. The dentist called me today to check on me...
  4. K

Fearful of Wisdom Teeth Removal

Hi and thank you for accepting me to this forum. I've been looking for a place to talk and this popped up during my doom searching. I am a 32 year old female, pretty healthy albite a seizure disorder. I am posting this because I am scared. Back in 2020, I went to a dentist that I had never...
  5. brennuhhh

going after 14 years

this may be pretty long. i haven’t been to the dentist since i was 9. im 23 now and obviously i have some issues but recently i had tooth pain for days that drove me to make an emergency appt. i went to the appointment and had to get two teeth pulled (top and bottom right molars), which was...
  6. M

Suspicious of dentists

Hi, this is my first time posting here. I first went to a dentist that had no regard of my pain or fears, and even left cavities in my mouth after he claimed there were none. (I only found out because the hygenist told my mother and I.) It got to the point that after my root canals at that...
  7. Q

Wisdom Removal--All 4 on Anesthesia

Howdy! After weeks of dreading this procedure and reading just about every story on this forum, watching so many vlogs, and reading countless advice articles, I'm happy to say that I survived my wisdom teeth removal this morning. Did I cry? Yes. Was it the most pleasant experience ever? Nope...
  8. A

An Odd Ache That’s Not Going Away; Unsure of What to Do?

Well me again. This time with a different issue that I’m not even sure how to describe. I’m feeling myself starting to spiral and I’d really rather not, so I’m hoping perhaps to know whether or not I should be contacting my dentist again, or even my GP. I went to the dentist last week...
  9. RoseBell

Appointment on the 1st

Hello I'm new here! Prefacing this with: I have not been to a dentist in 8 years due to finances. 5 months ago my right upper wisdom tooth got decay as it grew in. The decay literally fell out of my tooth with oil pulling, big black chunk just came out. It left an empty cavity with fluorosis...
  10. M

Severe phobia about dentists and medical stuff in general, how do i deal with the inevitable? (wisdom teeth)

Hi! You can call me M... Sorry for the long message, but it's my first time in a long time posting to a forum and I'm in a pretty significant state of anxiety. So in addition to having panic disorder and general anxiety disorder, I've been afraid of dentists, teeth, human anatomy in general...
  11. M

Way better than you think its going to be!

After 5 years of not going to the dentist and the worry that's gone with it. I finally went!! Had the most amazing happy and lovely dentist today. For any worrying about a bit of gum recession, don't overthink it. Its not as bad you think, or as Google tells you. I over googled symptoms and...
  12. A

Wisdom tooth removal success!

I've never posted to a forum before, so hopefully I'm doing this right as it is my intention to share as much as I possibly can about my experience today. I'd like to say a general warning here for the most sensitive of dentalphobes: I discuss some nitty-gritty personal stories, and in general...
  13. L

Scared of wisdom teeth surgery :((

Hi, I need to get all four of my wisdom teeth extracted and I’m extremely anxious about it. I’ve never had surgery before and I’m really scared that something bad is going to happen during or after surgery. Mainly worried about the during. I’m going to need GA and IV sedation, both of which I...
  14. W

Wisdom teeth X-ray inquiry

Hello doctors, i visited the dentist today after a daunting night full of pain, in my left lower jaw, i found blood on one of my teeth, same area, the dentist asked me to do an X-ray, after he saw it, he said i should remove two teeth for the wisdom tooth to come out, can anyone explain this x...
  15. S

Impacted wisdom teeth

Like everyone here I hate dentists and haven’t been since I was a kid but I can’t put it off anymore. I have two lower impacted wisdom teeth coming through and they need to be removed. I’m in the UK and there are no nhs dentists so I’m having to pay to go private. Because they are impacted I...
  16. K

Finally booked a consultation for my wisdom teeth!

So like probably many people, I've been putting off dealing with my wisdom teeth. I'm now 31, and all four of my teeth are still fully impacted. I first became aware I might have issues about 3 years ago when my dentist did a panoramic x-ray and noticed a dark circle on the root of my bottom...
  17. M

Wisdom Tooth Replacement

Hi, So I know from my reading online that this goes against what a lot of dentists recommend and believe, hence why I am searching for a referral to dentists who might be willing to do it. Basically, I got a wisdom tooth extracted because it had a cavity in it and I would like a replacement...
  18. M

Bottom wisdom teeth removal

Hi everyone. I’m 28 years old and I have to get my bottom wisdom teeth out on Tuesday and I’m so worried and terrified:( I’m worried about dry socket and especially nerve damage. I had my top ones out last year and it was no problem My teeth are kinda crooked and my jaw is really small. My...
  19. A

Trying not to be. nervous...

So I'm getting my wisdom teeth out this Friday. I'm not nervous over pain, but the smells and I refuse to go under or gas, just using local. What does the pressure feel like? I've tried Googling but can't find anything. Also, my dentist said that my top 2 will be easy to get out, but the bottom...
  20. E

5 Wisdom Teeth Removal VERY SCARED!!!

I've been lurking here for a while and have read lots of success stories. I'm a 20-year-old female. I was having a lot of tooth pain in early September. At first, I thought it was some kind of gum boil. I went in to get an x-ray from a dentist. It turns out, I have FIVE WISDOM TEETH!!! I have to...
Back