• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

dentist

1. H

My Journal on Dental Stuff

Ok, so I am severely terrified of the dentist because I'm scared of hearing bad news. I haven't been in a whole year because I kept putting it off. However, I am 18 and my insurance expires next year in February. So, I decided to just Bite the Bullet and made an appointment for some time in...
  2. D

6 weeks after extraction

I’m so glad I found this forum as I like many of you struggle with dental fears. Here’s my story that I need advice from….. 6 weeks ago I had a tooth extracted which was a difficult extraction and a few days after I developed dry socket and an infection. The whole is still not completely closed...
  3. A

Dental Debridement/Deep Cleaning Panic

Hey folks! A little background on my mouth before we dive in: I’m a 20 y/o female from the US who, until this March, hadn’t been to the dentist in 15 years. My mother wasn’t too great at being a mom, and called it quits on taking me to the dentist after one or two appointments before the age of...
  4. S

Traumatized Girlfriend

I have joined this forum in a desperate attempt for help. To start, my girlfriend is autistic. She always does awful with anything medical and I normally have to accompany her through anything such as check-ups, blood draws, etc. so I can make sure she stays calm and doesn’t have a meltdown. She...
  5. Z

21 and terrified!!!

I am a 21 year old female and I am terrified of going to the dentist. I have never been before in my life because we couldn't afford it/Im terrified. My teeth are very slightly crooked due to me sucking my thumb for years and also I didn't brush and floss like I was supposed to. I never knew it...
  6. K

I’ve learned to get a second opinion!

For about a month I’ve been dealing with intense jaw pain, discomfort with bite, and other pains I couldn’t quite place that have had me taking ibuprofen around the clock, anxiety pills during the day and muscle relaxants at night. It all started after having 3 fillings done at the end of May...
  7. K

I can’t stop worrying about dental hygiene

It’s literally taking over my life since I went in to have 3 small cavities filled, and I can’t tell anybody because it’s embarrassing. For weeks straight now, I’ve been terrified that my teeth are going to fall out, despite my dentist saying that my teeth look good and nothing else needs to be...
  8. K

How long do crowns last?

I grew up without seeing a dentist much and without education on dental hygiene...never flossed, ran a toothbrush through my mouth so my breath didn’t stink. In the last few years I got serious about fixing my dental phobia and got some teeth crowned and cavities filled. Then a few years when by...
  9. A

Bad pain in my tooth and afraid to see the dentist..

Hello all, I am new to this forum so I am not sure if I am posting in the right place. I was looking for a forum for anyone who could lend some advice. So for the last couple of months...I’ve noticed my tooth has a hole in it, I assume something like a cavity or decay. Ill admit...I’m not...
  10. D

Looking for encouragement/comfort

I'm not sure what's wrong with my mouth. I know I have an old jaw injury that hurts frequently and makes my whole mouth hurt but I know that's probably not responsible for all the problems with my front bottom teeth. I think I have some deep gum pockets. (one in particular that has what i...
  11. C

Am I going to lose all of my teeth?

I'm only 24 years old. I had pretty decent teeth until I was about 20 then I started developing problems. I had a lot of decay and frequent cavities. I continued to go to the dentist every 6 months but every time they would just patch up the cavities, clean my teeth and send me home. It seems...
  12. D

Patient Dentist in Inverness, UK

I am so scared of dentists. My teeth need urgent attention. I searched extensively online but haven't had much success mainly because I don't know. Can anyone plz recommend someone in Inverness area? :redface: Thank you so much.
  13. M

Dentist appointment tomorrow. Terrified.

I haven't seen a dentist in over five years. I'm 23 years old. I didn't take care of my teeth at all and even when I used to they'd end up decaying horribly. I came from an abusive family that didn't really care much for any sort of dental hygiene. My teeth are horribly damaged. I have a lot of...
  14. C

No root canal because of lump

So I went in to get my root canal today but because I still have the lump on my gum they couldn't do it. Been on antibiotics for 6 days even though he told me to take the antibiotics 3 days before the appointment decided to take them right away because of the pain but They still gave me freezing...
  15. M

I know I should go back but..

Hello all, I've just joined as it's been 5 years since my last exam and I'm terrified to go back. I know I need some minor work done thanks to bruxism but I just can't find the courage to go. It all boils down to my experiences at my second to last check-up. The dentist (a middle-aged German...
  16. E

Root canal, is it totally necessary?

I went to the dentist about a year ago and during a check up, my dentist noticed a cavity forming on one of my back teeth which I hadn't noticed. She filled it for me and I was on my way, and have recently now moved dentists. Yesterday was my first visit since last year, and I went because the...
  17. M

Anxious about white fluid and waiting to go to a dentist.

Had my wisdom teeth out almost 2 weeks ago and my stitches removed 5 days ago. On my left side of my mouth my gum is quite hard on the inside and since today has been shooting white fluid into my mouth which tastes revolting and smells unpleasant. Now im wondering because im 99% sure it is an...
  18. M

Going to the Dentist in 4 hours!

Hello all, I'll be going to the dentist in 4 hours! & I'm freaking out! I'm going to get two of my upper teeth extracted which are badly decayed. (Never had a tooth pulled before in my life) I'll be awake through the whole procedure, Just with using Novocaine. I'm really scared, I've been...
  19. J

Frustrated with RCT and my dentist >:(

A few years ago I came to this website, literally terrified to get a RCT, well I got through it pretty well! My insurance changed and I had to go to a new dentist. He seems really nice, I had a SUPER painful extraction done by him, he blamed it on my wickedly long roots....ok. Well a month ago I...
  20. C

Teeth slowly breaking apart during delayed IV sedation

Hi there, I'm in quite a situation regarding my dental hygiene. My dentist is under NHS and provides IV sedation. After examining and deep cleaning my teeth, my dentist concluded that I need two forms of sedation and more after that. I have two cracked teeth and one with two holes within it. I...
Back